How to get iphone on ATT prepaid?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KillaMike, Oct 24, 2010.

1. KillaMike

KillaMike New Member

I was told you can, but when I give them the IMEI number they say they cant because its an iphone? do I have to buy a gophone and then switch the sims after its activated? or can I use a random imei or suttin?
  2. Imariel

Imariel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You have to jailbreak and unlock it before you're able to use a prepaid SIM.
  3. KillaMike

KillaMike New Member

It is jailbroken and unlocked
  4. P O W E R

P O W E R Member

Device:
    iPad
    I think you need a Cydia app to get it working
  5. micky13

micky13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    You don't have to unlock your iPhone to use an AT&T prepaid sim. It just has to be activated. Just go to the AT&T store and tell them you want to activate a new GoPhone sim but you don't have a phone yet. You'll leave with an activated sim card and a phone number. Just plug the SIM into the iPhone and if the iPhone is already activated you can go ahead and use it.
  6. KillaMike

KillaMike New Member

will they do the same for a microsim?
  7. micky13

micky13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I've never tried but i'd assume not as that's currently only used in an iPhone 4 or iPad, plus all their GoPhones use the standard sim. Just get the regular sim like I said and then you can cut it down to a MicroSIM, there's lots of videos on youtube how to do this, you can even buy cutters for a couple bucks. You just have to lay your sim in it and press down. Then take your new MicroSIM and put it in your iPhone and it should work.
  8. KillaMike

KillaMike New Member

I bought a gophone and cut the sim but it keeps saying no SIM =( I think its locked to that phone
  9. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    The sims aren't locked.... Just go to the store, and say you want to get a prepaid sim... That's what I did.... BUTTTT! After about a week, they will notice you are using an iPhone, and will charge you for ur data.... So just a heads up.... But I have some friends who never got caught doing it.... But if you do it now, they will most likely get 'ya.