How to get IP address without settings.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FiveOnFridays, Jan 14, 2008.

1. FiveOnFridays

FiveOnFridays New Member

I just installed some dumb program that replaces my preferences, and now I cannot get back to my settings. I have WinSCP but I can't login because I can't get to my wireless netwirk address.

Two things,
    1) How do I get my settings back?
    2) How do I get my IP address if I don't have my settings feature to get back to it?
  2. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you could look in your computer for the IP, connect with SSH, and delete the app you installed
  3. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

first of all, that program was developed by skylar

DO NOT DISS SKYLAR

its not our fault that u obviously screwed up some were, insulting someones hard work will not get you anywere here
  4. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yea same here i have the same problem. I cant log into winscp and my ipod just freezes when im in the settings and i cant do anything but hard restart it. Someone please help.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can also connect to your wireless router and see what IP has been assigned to your iPod Touch.
  6. FiveOnFridays

FiveOnFridays New Member

If it sounds like a vacuum, and it looks like a vacuu, then it must suck. SKYLAR

Oh no, I dissed SKYLAR. Shut up.

If it's sucks it sucks. I can't say it's awesome and that it works superbly if it doesn't work at all.

How about you fix your bugs so you don't any more complaints on your DUMB PROGRAM.

And how is it my fault if the only thing I did was install it, TRY to use it, see it blows, and then try to uninstall it? Now your program sucks even more because it just causes me, and obviously others, more problems.

How about you stop wasting time on these posts and get back to work on your bugs and inprove your program. Look on the bright side, if you're at rock bottom, you can only go up from there.
  7. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Alright that's enough. You are the only person who has had this problem with skylar's preference.app. There is no need to flame the creator of the app. Instead of complaining, try appreciating the work that skylar put in to making that app. We are here to help, there is no need to start flame wars. If this continues this thread will be closed.
  8. FiveOnFridays

FiveOnFridays New Member

I'll apologize to you, and apalogize to SKYLAR. But not to the person who had replied to my inital post.
    Last I remember, if I don't like something, I'm free to say my opinion. If it did work, I would be more than happy to aplaud SKYLAR. But now that I have this problem, it wouldn't make sense to praise them. All I said was it was dumb, it's an opinion, not a fact, and my opinion, I'm entitled to it.
    SKYLAR can redeem itself by staying on topic and helping someone with their program. If someone's not happy with a service I provide, I would take their opinion and work on it.
    All I asked was for help, not to be scolded.
  9. badhairdude

badhairdude New Member

i think your preferences was deleted... just put it back in your applications folder then redownload the extended preferences...

as to finding you IP, maybe look on your router web page to see..?
  10. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    About finding ur ip address i upgraded to blaze sources and got more apps not sure if you did the same but i just downloaded an app called IP and it gives you your ip address like 192.168.2.2 or so..