[How To] Get iOS 5 Interface on Android

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by iBenji, Apr 20, 2012.

1. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Even Android users crave the simplicity of iOS 5. While there is not a way to port iOS to Android, there are many useful tools that can make your Android phone come as close to iOS as possible, without rooting. In this tutorial, I will show you how to get that look and feel.

Note: Some of these apps may take up a lot of memory, I would not suggest using these on a slower Android device.

Lets get started. Here are the apps you will need:
    Now that we have all the apps we need, lets get started. Start off by launching Espier Launcher, make it your default launcher. Now navigate into Settings>Display>Wallpapers>Espier Wallpapers. Make the iOS waterdrops your wallpaper. Your home screen should now look like this:

[​IMG]
    Looks so close to iOS, many wont even be able to tell the difference.
    [​IMG]
    To multitask, swipe one finger up!
    [​IMG]
    Folders can be created the same way as in iOS!
    Next, we will create our lockscreen. Launch "MagicLocker Main" and select the iPhone Theme you previously installed. Your lockscreen will now look like this:​
    [​IMG]
    Now that we have the lockscreen and homescreen we will worry about the texting. First you will want to make ChompSMS your default SMS app. Once you are in Chomp, you will navigate to settings>customize look>greeny. Go back to customize look and under "Show Smiley Text as", select "iPhone Style". If you want, you can download the emoji pack to enable emoji, but that is up to the user. It can be downloaded here for free!​
    Now lets take care of the keyboard! You should already have the iPhone keyboard downloaded if you followed the instructions! Navigate to Settings>Locale and Text, and select the check next to "iPhone KeyBoard Free." Now under "Select Input Method", choose "iPhone KeyBoard Free". This will enable the iPhone Keyboard.​
    With the keyboard and Chomp, your texting will now look like this:​
    [​IMG]

Espier Browser is very simple to understand. You launch the app and use it like any other browser. It looks very similar to the UI of Apple's mobile safari. It has a very nice UI and looks so much like Safari. Heres a screenshot of that:​
    [​IMG]
    Now we will add our final feature, notifications. After you download "iPhone Notifications Lite", launch the app. It will direct you to enable it under "Accessibility". Let it enable! Once its enabled, you will have working banners and alerts. Samples can be seen below:​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this, you are done! Congratulations, you've made it though this tutorial! If you have any questions, you can contact me! Get used to people getting very confused when looking over your shoulder at your Android Phone. Thanks for reading! :)
    pandaa, b777forever, Nburnes and 2 others like this.
  2. mrtntv2

mrtntv2 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thats acctually soooo coool! does this work with ics? and is there anything on android that allows you to switch from default "theme" to customized look and what not? kinda like backboard on iOS
  3. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Thanks! :) it should work with ics, it's all avalable on the play store so I think it probably will. To switch between th theme and your default theme, once you download the launcher it will give you the option of which one to use. Just dont set a default and every time you return home you will be able to choose which launcher you want to use. :)
    pandaa likes this.
  4. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I remember seeing that launcher a while back, quite frankly the permissions freak me out a little bit. Why does it need to read my text messages? Why does it need to be able to make phone calls or access my browser history and contacts?

Not saying these are out to get you, but I'd recommend playing it safe and avoiding it. The browser too, same developer.
  5. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I've noticed that too. I haven't had any issues with either of these apps though. I think they just have crazy permissions for no reason tbh.
    pandaa likes this.
  6. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    With the right font and status bar, you'll be running iAndroidOS.
  7. pineapple juice

pineapple juice Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    There being no shadows behind the font really throws me off.
    savage24x likes this.
  8. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I noticed that too. There might be a font you can download that has the shadows.
  9. JaZart

JaZart Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Very nice list.
  10. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.
    pandaa likes this.