How to get into dfu.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by justan, Feb 23, 2009.

1. justan

justan New Member

Flame me with everything you got, I dont really care. Im am getting kind of annoyed with the 56842175 threads per day saying "DFU doesnt work! OMG is DFU even real?!?!?" It is NOT that difficult. I got into DFU on the 2nd try. Second because someone told me the wrong timing lol. Anyway here is what you do...

A.Hold the HOME and POWER buttons SIMULTANEUOSLY.

B.After 10 seconds release the POWER button. Continue holding the HOME button.

C.After 8 seconds release the HOME button. You should now see a BLANK BLACK screen. If you do not see a BLANK BLACK screen you are NOT in DFU.

DFU DOES WORK AND ALWAYS WILL WORK. THE REASON IT ISNT WORKING IS BECAUSE YOU, YES YOU TIMED WRONG. IF YOU CANT COUNT MAYBE CONSIDER GETTING A TIMER TO HELP YOU OUT WITH YOUR TIMING.
  2. qwertyuiop101

qwertyuiop101 New Member

i tried using a timer it still didnt work my ipod is completely dead when i connect it to the computer it says its not recognized but i wont make the connection sounds
  3. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use the built-in windows timer
    click on the time, and a box will pop up with the hours,mins,and secs
  4. Make It sn0w

Make It sn0w Banned

Many many threads like this already. Many many DFU helpers too.
  5. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    We shouldn't need the numerouse dfu threads, but there are many of them already.
  6. xTommyx

xTommyx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not true. You can turn your ipod off and not even attempt to do DFU and still have a black screen. You should say that iTunes should popup saying that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
  7. justan

justan New Member

Yes it is true. I never said anything about the ipod being off. This is DFU. Of course if you turn it off it will have a black screen. But if you are attempting DFU and you dont get a black screen with nothing on it you are obviously not in DFU. I think you read it wrong...