How To Get Icy (Jailbroken 3.0)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PopCornPlaya9924, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PopCornPlaya9924

PopCornPlaya9924 Banned

Am I Missing something here.

I have Cydia.. works fine.. but i wanna see what the buzz is about this icy thing.

From what I hear it's a cydia alternative.. but i dont see what can top cydia.. anybody have it on their JB 3.0? howd u do it?

thanks.
  2. 4004

4004 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Cydia gives me posix error many times so i want to try icy but i think it was removed from cydia or it is at the rip-dev repo
  3. beebop

beebop New Member

4. nasa geek

nasa geek New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Icy is pretty nice, however it is not very dev-friendly as it does not display the ads that help to pay for the service that these hosters provide. My favorite features are: a faster load time and much sleeker interface, as well as the ability to refresh sources at your own convenience, instead of them refreshing when you load Cydia. Tbh I use Cydia more unless I want to quickly delete a theme.
  5. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah it's still there I got it from my backing up thing. I JUST downloaded it 5 mins ago.
  6. cantbesaved

cantbesaved New Member

I accidently screwed up my icy so i removed it on Cydia with the intention to reinstall it, so then it wouldn't let me. it gave me a s**tload saying the repo wasn't working.
    So i primarily use rock, Because i had to delete the ZodTTD source because it was giving me errors and after deleting my cydia ran even slower, so now i use rock instead. so i add apt.ripdev.com to my sources list, and rock error says it cannot install, then deletes the source. then i readded the source and its not loading.
    so ive basically given up all hope on getting icy back.
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Icy's been dead for a year now... as a quick search of the forums would've told you. Please don't bump threads which have also been dead for nearly a year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.