How to Get Free Microsoft Software

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by MrFairladyz, Mar 22, 2009.

1. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

How to Get Free Microsoft Software

Whether you love them or hate them, Microsoft is here to stay. If you ask me, I’d have to say I’m more on the love side. They do some pretty amazing things… especially giving away software to students and teachers!

Head over to DreamSpark. Now, for the first time, Microsoft is giving its valuable software developer and design tools directly to students worldwide at no charge! This site enables students to download Microsoft developer tools to advance your learning and skills through design, technology, math, science and engineering activities.

In order to get this software at no charge, you will be asked to establish or verify your student status once every 12 months. If you’re not 18 yet, your parents or guardians will have to log onto the site and accept the usage agreement.

It’s no joke, you can get a load of Microsoft software for absolutely zero dollars. If your school isn’t listed on the site yet, give the web address to your school administrators. They can get your school signed up.

Now, if I ask again - do you love or hate Microsoft - what do you answer now? This is an excellent program. Hat tip to Microsoft!
  2. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is pretty awesome.

Too bad my computer adminastrator is a [CENSORED]
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is Microsoft's response to the FLOSS movement (Free Libre Open Source Software) & GNU.
  4. Duykur

Duykur Banned

sweet!!!!!!

downloading it all!!

i really need to learn windows programming
  5. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Forget Dreamspark, if your school is really good, they will be signed up to MSDNAA (Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance). This allows you free access to a hundred different pieces of MS software, if not more! ( I havent counted

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  6. wibble

wibble New Member

look at all the pretty pictures.

I'd still rather use vs6 over 2008.
  7. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Yeah let's all write Window's software that will never run on anything except .NET 2 on Mono on Linux and Windows itself!

Fantastic!