iOS 4.1 How to get Cydia without wifi?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by plonkyy, Oct 23, 2010.

1. plonkyy

plonkyy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hHow can i get cydia without wifi? Once i get cydia installed i can use cyder but when i open loader.app it needs wifi to install cydia ?
  2. username_

username_ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can't use cydia without wifi.
  3. n0va

n0va Banned

Well greenpois0n installs afc2add which means you can browse the root directory of the device via a usb program such as iphone explorer. From there you can install deb files via the autoinstall method (google it)

edit; or install ifile via autoinstall, then use ifile to install your other debs (much easier)
  4. plonkyy

plonkyy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Were can i get the cydia.deb?
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Can you use the AutoInstall folder without Cydia actually installed?

Like can you just create it where it's supposed to be, Cydia/AutoInstall, using iFunbox or something and have it work? Doesn't make sense that it would.

I need a way to install a deb right after jailbreaking without wifi. If the current JBs installed cydia like Spirit did I would be able to do that, but unfortunately they don't.
  6. plonkyy

plonkyy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just tried didnt work. I think they misunderstood me, I HAVNT got Cydia installed yet, thats what im trying to do. With it was like spirit which pre installed Cydia.
  7. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Has your computer got a wifi card but wired Internet connection? If so then you could setup and ad-hoc connection and use that as a wifi access.

Or I remember seeing a thing a while back which allows you to get the Internet working via USB.

In regards to the above, it may be that a dependency is missing or the permission are wrong (but I believe ssh requires wifi).
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

You can SSH over USB, but you still need openSSH installed and you cant get that in 4.1 without Cydia.

I don't see why GP at least doesn't just put it on already. Nice that they put afc2add on for you but what's the point in not putting cydia on also, especially now.
  9. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Call your internet supplier and ask to switch to wireless. Most broadband suppliers give you a free router modem replacement.

Or buy a router, the cheapest option (cant remember what letter) is good for nearly everything. They're like £20-£30 and enables internet access everywhere in your house. Cydia doesn't work without WiFi.
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It works to an extent; it lets you autoinstall debs and/or use cyder if you are stuck with no wifi.