How To Get Customize Working [Temp]

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by iEfforts, Jan 11, 2009.

1. iEfforts

iEfforts New Member

Well like many of you I've been frustrated with editing system strings and what not with my 2.2 firmware. I was messing around with my iPod and remembered that it used to work once upon a time with the same firmware. So I got to the point where I had to hack it again and it didnt work. But now I got it working again.

What you have to do is Install it like you normally would. But before you open it, make sure you have no theme on (uncheck everything on winterboard). You can go on Customize and change what you want. When you're done and want to put back on your Winterboard theme, do so. But if you wanna go back on Customize, you'd have to uncheck all the Themes again.

Edit: Actually nevermind. The first time you install it and open it, you have to make sure all your themes are unchecked. After your first time opening it and it fully loads, you can use it regularly.
  2. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    This does work, I didnt expect it to work, but it does

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: You cant edit system strings tho. I think you need to put the files manually, maybe?
  3. iPwner

iPwner New Member

I am trying it right now....
    It doesn't work.

4. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    it worked for me, it did charge the app, but then I touch "Edit System Strings" tab and nothing is there, I assumed that you need some files to edit strings and since you cant connect to the server anymore...
  5. iEfforts

iEfforts New Member

The files were there for me when I did it.

The themes aren't working, but editing the system strings does work. You're probably right, if you can find the folders and ssh them you can probably get customize to work.

Try sshing this folder and replace it with the customize folder you have now. The customize folder is in private/var/mobile/library

Attached Files:

6. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the fix; I've been hoping for something like this.

7. sp4rkbr

sp4rkbr Member

What if I don't use themes?
    I don't have Winterbord installed, I don't use any kind of theme, just restored/jailbroken my iPod and installed Customize, and it crashes after it loads.