How to get custom slider on FW 2.0.X in Winterboard (NOT customize)

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by benzin711, Aug 13, 2008.

1. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I been hearing a lot about how people want to get custom sliders/batteries in Customize 2.0. I found a way to get a custom slider, but not yet a custom battery. Heres what you do:

1. Navigate to Private>Var>stash>Themes.Ana4l8

2. Open up the folder in which the theme you are using

3. Create a new folder called Bundles (from here it is all case sensitive)

4. In the folder you just created, create ANOTHER folder called com.apple.TelephonyUI

5. Upload your sliders here. But you have to rename them.
    For the Main Slider (for the lock screen) rename it as bottombarknobgray.
    For the Power off slider, rename it as bottombarknobred.
    For the Call slider rename it as bottombarknobgreen.

6. Reload your theme and now you have your sliders

Remember, if it did not work, check your spelling/case of each folder.

In this way, you eliminate the need for customize. And in this case, this has so much potential for someone who wants to create a theme and include their slider in it without having to go through customize to change it. I'm hoping that the battery image has something to do with this technique also.
  2. 89IPHONE89

89IPHONE89 New Member

wats the point of this when you just go to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework as the for battery u can just go here /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app (BatteryBG_1.png) to (BatteryBG_17.png)
  3. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats changing the STOCK battery/slider, which means deleting it. If you do it my way, you add it to the THEME and you just change the theme to get a different battery/slider.

In your way, if you want another battery/slider you have to navigate there and rechange it manually every time you change a theme.
  4. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its so that in case you don't want to totally scrap the original artwork, like if you ever regret your decision
    plus, using winterboard, it now lets you activate multiple themes, and deactivate them, so its just a much safer way to do it in my opinion
    also, thank you SO much for posting this, because i've wanted to know what eh files were for a while now, but knowing how to do it in winterboard i think is even better
    =D thank you!
  5. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your welcome.