How to get a 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pnasca, Oct 19, 2008.

1. pnasca

pnasca New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So i have a 1g ipod touch and the battery life and everything isnt so hot. I was wondering is there a way where i can get a 2g instead of a replacement 1g? or why is it that they sometimes replace 1g's with 2g's?
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm not quite sure, it probably depends on what is wrong with the iPod, and who you are talking to (Apple Genius or Apple Representative on phone).
  3. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Get the replacement 1G , sell it brand new in box.
    Use the money to get a 2G.
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    No you can not get a 2g as a replacement unless the store is completely out of the 1g then they might give u a new one.
  5. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Don't try your luck on this one. I'm betting there are still a very large amount of 1g's out there at the stores cause everyone is buying off the 2g's.
  6. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    im going to wait till like 3g comes out or somethng then say somethings wrong with my ipod. chances are they wont have anymore 1gs and ill get a 2g(maybe even a 3g)

Please Register or Log in to view images

*does apple give you a new ipod if you trade yours in becuase the battery live has gotten bed?
  7. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Wal-Mart actually did this for me, but from the way they acted I could tell that they didn't have to. I think the employees just hated Wal-Mart that day.
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

They are most likely running out of refurbs, so you might just get a 2nd gen.
  9. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    why dont u ppl just stop being so damn cheap and buy a new one!
    they lowered the price for a reason u know
    its only 230 dollars gosh!
    u ppl are crazy
    every time u try to do that, u are basically stealing 230/300/400 dollars from apple
    just cause they have expensive products doesn't mean they enjoy throwing away money to greedy ppl like yourselves
  10. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You'll likely be receiving a 1st-gen iPod touch, not a 2nd-gen iPod touch. Under certain circumstances, such as no stock remaining on 1st-gen refurbs, will you get a 2nd-gen iPod touch. Even if the Apple Store has run out of stock, they'll probably let you know that they're getting a new shipment in soon. Although if you're talking to the right person, they might just hand you over a shiny new 2G iPod touch. It's all dependant on the person you're talking to.