HOW TO: ftp into your iPod Touch (See all your files and drag and drop) *Noob guide*

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by crazymon161, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazymon161

crazymon161 New Member

This will show you how to FTP into your iPod Touch so you can see all your files on your iTouch so you can put, remove, move, or copy any file onto your Touch or computer from your Touch.

Step 1: Download a FTP client, I recommend Filezilla, download here.

Step 2: Download a ftp server onto your iTouch, go to installer, then "Network", and install "Pure-FTPd" (If you do not already have Term-vt100 you will also need to install that)

Step 3: Connect your iTouch to your computer.

Step 4: Open Filezilla and at the top there will be a bar that has blanks for "Host", "Username, "Password", and "Port". In those boxes type:
    Host: Your iPod's IP address which can be found under Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced (Tapping the blue arrow next to your currently selected network), and then there will be a field that says "IP Address" and next to it will be your IP.
    Username: root
    Password: The default is "alpine" (Without the quotes) but if you changed it it will be the password you changed it to.
    Port: Usually "22" (Again without the quotes) but if that doesn't work just leave it blank.

Step 5: Click "Quickconnect"
    And thats it! Your computer directory is on the left column and your iTouch directory is on the right column, enjoy!
  2. ProxyPawaa

ProxyPawaa New Member

I'm sorry but... how the hell is step 2 noob proof? >.< I have no idea where to even start with that. D: Googling 'downloading ftp server on itouch' only brought me to a few free apps, but from there, there's nothing there at all like 'installer'...

Complete ftp noob here, doing this in the process of following the instructions on this:
    http://www.brianminor.com/2009/11/12/installing-the-same-app-twice-on-the-iphone/

As it is, I'm kind of annoyed that 1 guide with a completely unexplained step, led to another guide with a completely unexplained step, which led to nothing. :/ Can anyone help me out?
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This is a two year old thread; I'd recommend either searching for a newer one or creating your own in this instance. This guide is kind of out-of-date

Please Register or Log in to view images

</thread>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.