How to fool your friends to thinking you have Installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by swillard8, Jan 21, 2008.

1. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

Hey, this is for the people who have 1.1.3 and bought the January Software Update. If you wanna fool your mates into thinking you have Installer on your springboard you can use the method which bubs58 found here but to get the installer icon you can go to this page which i have set up which has the installer.app icon on it:

www.freewebs.com/samsipodtouch/installer.htm

then zoom right up to the icon, dw if its really pixelly, when you add to springboard it will be fine. Then click add then 'add to home screen'. It will give you a little preview of what it will look like and you can reposition it from there.

Just a little bit of fun for you guys!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

hehe... but once you click the icon, the fun is over. Doesn't last too long now does it. Hardly worth it, but thanks for the fun.

3. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

haha if you want i can make i little fake menu like the ppl at iloung have made for the ipod touch? that would be trickery! hehehehe
  4. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Like, you mean, a website that looks exactly like Installer.app? haha... That would be pretty phenomenal! I'd definitely give you cudos if that was done. THEN you can do a bit more trickery and have a little more fun.

Unfortunately this would be useless to me, as I do not have 1.1.3 installed, nor do any of my friends even know what installer.app is.. hehe....
  5. luigispinal

luigispinal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its better if you wait for a jailbreak

6. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

This is great! I thought of doing it myself, but then figured I'd look like an idiot.

But now that someone else has done it I can enjoy it without the work involved haha
  7. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

hehe, so someone is actually going to use this? Well, that's alright.

Have fun with it, haha...
  8. lewisking

lewisking New Member

Ive made a better one with the installer icon as the icon for you, no zooming. mine even looks like installer. I will get this working much better soon so it actually looks like it and works.

Try it now:

http://install.lewisking.net/

just zoom in until i get that fixed. (for the actual installer list)
    Please note it is in BETA
  9. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

haha m8 nice try but that sucks balls. Tomoz I'm working on a full menu which actually fits on screen. Itl be sweet. Just using it cause my friend upgraded his hacked iPhone which he didn't pay for, so now he only has the activation screen LOL and he waits for the jailbreak hahaha
  10. lewisking

lewisking New Member

I'm good at coding, i code html/css and stuff. Do you wanna work on it together? Ive started with IUi now and am getting to know it. PM me with ur msn we can work something out.