How to fool your friends in to thinking you have a non JB ipod

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by marko, Mar 14, 2008.

1. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    someone was asking about this on a different thread, so i thought i would make this in case anyone else was fed up of friends askign to play games etc.

so you wanna make your ipod appear like a non JBd one, and the simple answer is to just hide everything except the default apps in customize right? but then youve got the concerns if what if something goes wrong and you want to get to customize to unhide. Sure you can have Dock.app installed to get access but then youve got the sunburst in the bottom corner, which may give the game away.

so heres how to do it and make it look like the ipod without using dock

1. you need Launcher installed from installer
    2. SSH into your ipod and go to /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Default and make a folder called Icons
    3. Copy the attached transparent icon into the folder and call it Launcher.png
    4. in SMBPrefs select "Default" as the theme
    4. In customize, arrange the icons in the same order as the non JB ipod and then put launcher directly after those
    5. still in Customize, hide everythig EXCEPT all the default apps AND launcher.
    6. respring and you now have a non JB looking ipod with the transparent launcher next to your last icon that you can tap and get access to all your apps and customize if you need to unhide anything.

dock app is now not necessary if you only use it for that purpose of finding hidden apps.

i left screenshot visible so i could take the pic but obviously you would hide that too

you would also need to make sure you re using the default status bar etc too if your friends are really observant.

Attached Files:

2. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    OR you could use dock and poof to hide all your icons,
  3. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah that what i said. but with dock, observant friends may notice the sunburst and know its JBd
  4. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this is cool thanks!

Also marko 222 posts! NICE!!!
  5. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    but in your case you need to hide the name of the app otherwise the name of launcher will appear under your transparent icon. on a normal ipod touch you are not supposed to hide the name of the app.
  6. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if u hide the name still it is noticeable that it's JB'd

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes that is what i meant. Sorry i wasn't really clear on this one.
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i guess i never noticed that. maybe your friends wont either

i think it should be possible to rename launcher.app isnt it? could you give it a blank spaces as a name? or failing that maybe just a ` or something that maybe they wont notice?
  9. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yup renaming the app is the best.

my idea is this have an Categories app, make one folder from it namely Settings and use also for it the original Settings icon and all ur 3rd party app inside of it even the original Settings app of the iPod, where this folder now replaces the Settings in the SB so who else trying to open the Settings just showing the SB is stack, mean to say it's not jailbroken, get the idea?

10. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah a category with the same name as one of the original apps and using the same icon would work.