HOW TO FIX SUMMERBOARD for 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchmanager, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ipodtouchmanager

ipodtouchmanager New Member

Here is the fix for summerboard 1.1.3

if you are using ipodtouchmaster's auto jailbreak with iphone apps SUMMERBOARD will NOT work...
    stop crying and rebreak OFFICIAL DEV TEAMS GUI is the best one so far that has summerboard working

TO DO THIS
    you can
    1. downgrade to 1.1.1 through ipodtouchmaster's way and do the whole oktoprep thing
    2. get to 1.1.2 and again follow ipodtouchmaster's way
    3. WHEN YOU GET TO JB 1.1.3 go into installer make sure you install the OFFICAL DEV TEAM GUI
    4. it will put a little icon on your dock called upgrade
    5. FOLLOW THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS and itll say restore (i did but i don't think you have too)
    6. when this is done to get the iphone apps go into installer and ADD the source ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml
    7. find the folder in install that says iphone apps and install that
    8. ALSO INSTALL COMMUNITY SOURCES

NOW FOR SUMMERBOARD
    1. INSTALL summerboard go into to installer and do it
    2. YOU CAN NOT INSTALL THEMES directly from installer
    3. inorder to get themes go and dl them from google or something/make your own
    4. once you dl the theme you are going to have to ssh using a program like WINSCP or CUTEFTP pro
    5. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SSH click here
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=264965
    6. once you are in your ssh program you have to put the THEMES into
    /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

AND THATS IT
  2. Careless

Careless New Member

This DOES NOT fix the fact that summerboard is INACTIVE and not taking effect in the first place.
  3. OWNAGE TIME

OWNAGE TIME New Member

I fixed my summerboard being innactive by simply setting the going to System/Library/CoreServices/Summerboard.app and setting it to recursive permission 0755
  4. twistedumbrella

twistedumbrella New Member

Have you read the ipodtouchmaster jailbreak description?
    "...This will jailbreak 1.1.3 (Dev. Team)..." They are using the same method to jailbreak and adding in the springboard patch to get the apps automatically. I've been through the Nate True method, ipodtouchmaster, and Dev Team methods and with the exception of Nate's they have all basically been the same method just slowly gaining more automation. Not that that is anything to shrug off. It just means that there is no drastic reason to rebreak a jailbroken phone unless you want to go from Nate's to Dev Team's.

BTW: In case you wanted to skip my intro... I am on 1.1.3 (ipodtouchmaster jailbroken) and summerboard works just fine