How To Fix iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPodiTouch, Dec 15, 2007.

1. iPodiTouch

iPodiTouch New Member

For some people iTunes has magically stopped working and if you are like me that is so frustrating when it just happens at the worst time. Here are the directions on how to fix it.

Method 1

1) Uninstall iTunes.
    2) Go to your C:\Program Files and delete the iTunes folder.
    2) Go to www.itunes.com to download the newest version of iTunes.
    3) Install it.

If that doesn't work, try this method

Method 2

1) Go to your My Music folder.
    2) Take out all your music from the C:\Documents and Settings\*User Name*\My Documents\MyMusic\iTunes
    3) Delete your iTunes folder located in the My Music folder.
    4) Reinstall your iTunes or run itunes if you didnt uninstall it yet.

That should work. I have encountered this problem many times. The reason i get the problem is ive been trying to mod the iPod games. I noticed when i try to put the modded games back into the iTunes folder itunes crashes. I think if i deleted the game itunes runs again. So if you tried to mod the games and your iTunes crashes then just delete the modded file.

I recommend trying the second method first so that you dont have to go through the hassle of re-downloading itune and installing it.

Hope this works for who ever has this problem.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Could you be more specific as to which iTunes crash this fixes?

If your talking about when it stops transferring to itunes, that can usually just be fixed by restarting the computer...
  3. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had a crash where soon as i tried to open itunes.exe it would insta crash and say had to close blah blah [send] [dont send]

I had to remove a itunes from Add/Remove progs, also removed some other names in there that had the names "Apple" in it. Soon as i did that and did a clean install of itunes again, it worked.

Originally i tried to just uninstall itunes and reinstall but it wasnt until i removed those other programs too that i fixed it.
  4. darryl_marshall

darryl_marshall New Member

when i have itunes installed my cd/dvd drive does not work what so ever till i uninstallitunes i have searched driver settings etc but theres a code 10 or something

any advice?
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    On the PC there are two services always running - iTunesHelper and iPodService. You should be able to kill both processes. iTunes will respawn iPodService when you launch it. Maybe give that a shot...
  6. just free

just free New Member

as soon as i plug in my ipod, itunes crashes. when i unplug it and start up itunes it works perfectly.

anybody know how to fix this? im on mac fyi. should i just move the itunes music folder? drag itunes to the trash, download latest version of itunes from apple, install and put the music folder back?
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Install the latest iTunes version. If that doesn't work, I've heard tell that an older version (7.4.3) actually works well for some that have crashes..
  8. just free

just free New Member

i already have the latest itunes. if you didnt see it im using a MAC. i just did a search for a download and it said that 7.4.3 is for windows...
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I did see you were using a Mac. Sorry -- I can't keep track of every version on Windows and Mac for you. I'd probably suggest uninstalling iTunes and all the related files in the Library, and then reinstall...
  10. just free

just free New Member

aiight, thanks. I'll do just that and let you know if I have any problems.