How to fix ipod touch 3.0 from freezing when reboot

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by u2l, Jul 12, 2009.

1. u2l

u2l New Member

hey guys, i want to make a thread about fixing this problem on ipod touch 3.0 which i had b4. 1st of all sorry for my bad english lol xD

when u jb yr ipod 3.0 and have tons and tons of apps. it seems if u have to reboot yr device u might counter the problem that lots of ppl have : yr ipod touch can not reboot and freeze, there is just a black screen ( or white apple appears but cant get into main lockscreen) but itune still recognizes yr ipod touch . this problem forces u to have no other option but jbking yr ipod touch and sync everything again.after having to jailbreak my touch 4th times, i found a way to fix this problem and wanting to share it with everybody who have the same problem as me

Please Register or Log in to view images

1st step i suggest u have iphone tunnel suite 2.7 ( download at http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/199270883/iPhone_Tunnel_suit_2.7).u need to do a few changes for this suite to work with 3.0. read instruction how to do it here : http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206096

2nd tunnel and connectto yr ipod, go to /private/var/mobile , change the name of folder Applications to Applications2 . if yr ipod touch is rebooting and get stucked at the black screen, it will get into lockscreen in 5-10s after the name is changed.after get into lockscreen. change folder name from Applications2 back to Applications

3rd . unlock yr ipod. .u will notice there are bunch of white icons on yr screens( these are yr apps !).respring yr ipod touch and u should get them all back

feel free to ask questions. im not a technical but im willing to share everything i know to u guys xD
  2. rlantigua

rlantigua New Member

By respring you mean sync with itunes?
    also do you have to do this steps everytime you re-boot?

Thanks...
  3. u2l

u2l New Member

respring only works on a jailbroken ipod. there is an app called SBsettings on cydia, it has a function that allow u to respring instead of having to reboot . this trick is used to ppl that having A LOT OF APPS on their ipods. having so many of them might cause a freeze on reboot that force u to jb yr ipod again . this is the way to fix it
    Yes most likely a jb ipod 3.0 firmware will not b able to load all the apps ( if u have tons of them) and has a high chance to freeze while rebooting. im not sure if that is the jailbreak or the 3.0 firmware

4. ipodsnooza

ipodsnooza New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do you have to do this when ever you restart your ipod? i dont understand embarrassed:
    thanks in advance