How to fix Cydia.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by --Blake, Sep 8, 2009.

1. --Blake

--Blake New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay this is to all who say Cydia is broke, wont start, crashes, ect. ect.
    Well Okay first of what your going to need to know is if you have SSH intalled on your ipod. If you Do than find the spot on this post that says SSH in bold. Then if you dont know that then you would need to know if you have Mobile Terminal installed. If you do than go to the part that says Terminal in bold. Okay if you dont have ANY of those then you need to know if you have Safari Download Plugin. If you do than scroll down to to the part that says Safari in bold.

SSH Alright you need to be connected to your comoputer via SSH. If you dont know how then go watch this video-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jio36nlMgco
    Okay now that is out of the way you will need to be in WinSCP and you need to search /var/lib/dpkg/updates/* And delete the WHOLE Folder. Try to launch Cydia again and it should work. If it didnt then try the next way.

Terminal Well you should have the terminal.app installed what you do is launch it and type excactly what i say, type everything between the lines...

-------------------------------------------------------------
    su

alpine

rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/*

-------------------------------------------------------------
    That should work just try to launch Cydia again and if that didnt work then try the next way.

Safari Well first make sure you have the DL plugin installed, and truned on in Boss Prefs.
    Next launch the Safari.app and just search [PIRACY.mu].com for the Mobile Terminal and download it and save it to /applications/ folder and lauch it and move up to the Terminal way to make cydia work again.

Hope this helps and good luck!

--Blake
  2. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    terminal says
    rm: cannot remove `/var/lib/dpkg/updates/*':
    No such file or directory

Help!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

:0
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I used iFile and checked there is nothing in that folder.
  3. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Same problem /\/\/\ help?
  4. Methereaper

Methereaper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OH MY GOD!!!

I F*****G LOVE YOU MAN!

Well, not really, but you get it.

I haven't been able to use Cydia in forever! I spent about a month looking for solutions, but using you mobile terminal thing fixed it!

Now i'm gonna download icy, rock, and whatever else to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thank you.