How to fix any problems with trying to install Cydia Package Manager

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by stulu5, Mar 1, 2008.

1. stulu5

stulu5 New Member

Clear the queue in installer
    Exit installer
    hold the power button down (if this doesnt work first time hold power and home button) youll see the slide to power off ignore that and the screen should turn black. As soon as the screen turns black let go of the button/buttons.
    Wait 5 seconds and press the power button.
    Go to installer > System > and download Cydia Package Manager or what ever its called.

Any problems pm me or leave a post
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Urm.... how does that help?

If Cydia isn't installing for you, the best thing to do is to restore, re-jailbreak, then install Cydia before everything else. Don't install BSD Subsystem at all, just download the Fake BSD package from the same source as Cydia.
  3. stulu5

stulu5 New Member

Quote : Urm.... how does that help?

If Cydia isn't installing for you, the best thing to do is to restore, re-jailbreak, then install Cydia before everything else. Don't install BSD Subsystem at all, just download the Fake BSD package from the same source as Cydia.

I dont know much about the subject of resets but i know there are 5 main ways to reset the ipod touch. the two main ones are hold th power button and hold the power button & home button.
    There are names for all the reset but i cant really remeber them.

When the ipod touch resets itself there are installer files that clear themselves. my solution isnt really for this particular problem, it really solves the main script error suff or any other errors people have with installer.

This also makes all the ipod touch icons to work as some people have had problems with all their apps working after trying to install or installing Cydia.

My solution is for poeple that dont wont to restore their ipod.
  4. bgmrk

bgmrk New Member

didn't work for me, i still get the script error. well it's installing
  5. enj0ii

enj0ii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    mine installed fine first time... maybe its because im on 1.1.1? but i didnt have to do anything..