iOS 3.1 [How To]Fake 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by J-Phone, Feb 13, 2010.

1. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know that eventually apps will need firmware 3.1.3 to run right? You probally dont wanna upgrade to 3.1.3 firmware because of the tethered jailbreak or not jailbreakable. I was searching around and found this guide courtersy of redmound. I do not take any credit in writing this guide.

"Simply follow the steps below to fake your firmware to iPhone 3.1.3. This wont in any way effect your baseband/unlock or anything in real. All it does is change the version number from iPhone 3.1.2 to iPhone 3.1.3.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step 1: You will need to have a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch on iPhone 3.1.2 in order to get this to work. Follow our complete step by step guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone with iPhone 3.1.2 firmware.

Step 2: “Fake 3.1.3” app is available in Cydia on http://cy.sosiphone.com/ repository. Make sure you have added http://cy.sosiphone.com/ repo in Cydia.

Step 3: Now simply search for “Fake 3.1.3” in Cydia and install it. You must restart your iPhone for the changes to take effect.

Step 4: After reboot, navigate to Settings –> General –> About. You should now have “3.1.3 (7E18)” listed beside “Version”."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just to clear this, this is not a firmware update!! It just makes itunes and the app store think you are on 3.1.3 so you could download the new apps.

Developers have stated that 3.1.3 is not a major update, it just fixed the exploits that jailbreak uses so the apps wont have any change, they probally just want you to update too.

This is reversible, just delete the app from cydia/rock in manage

I have done this myself, check post #4 for a picture
    source:http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-3.1.3-fake-firmware-version-9140442/
  2. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apps will eventually need 3.1.3 because there are some things in that update that make the apps work. So if you try with 3.1.2 then some things could also go wrong even though you fooled the app store.
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    can this be reversed?
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dunno, but i tried this and it now says 3.1.3 on mine here ill get a screen shot of mine
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sorry for bad image, had to resize to be able to upload... bad internet...

Attached Files:

6. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^^^^lollz
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    or you could modify a plist in the file system and change some shtuff around.
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Code:
    nano /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
    If you don't have nano, get it.
  9. LiLJ$

LiLJ$ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i've tried this using the sytemversion.plist and you can download the app but when u try to play the game it goes to the main screen then crashes
  10. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I made mine 4.0 beta 1 like a week ago and everthing glitches so now it's just 4.0