How to extend battery life?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by normandorp, Aug 29, 2010.

1. normandorp

normandorp New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was wondering if the battery life on ios4 lasts longer if you leave it plugged in when using it to play games and stuff or if you do full charge cycles an then unplug it and use it for intensive apps

I use so much intensive apps I have to go through 2 charge cycles a day and i only had it for a month, i remember it lasted longer on 3.1.3 than 4.0
  2. O G Money

O G Money New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You could turn off apps ur not using and wi fi to save battery life and it's easyer on the battery if you fully charge it then unplugging it. Keeping it plugged will still run down you battery
  3. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Full Cycles do extend the battery life.
    You could do what O G Money said also.
    But if your jailbroken you could make sure to not keep a load of Mobile Substrate add-ons (if you have any) because that sometimes can drain the battery.
  4. normandorp

normandorp New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    mobile substrate add-ons? what are they? also does sbsettings lower battery life with all its indicators and stuff?

i think the battery percentage is inaccurate aswell, i went on cod zombies online for 40 mins and it went down from 77 to 28, then closed it and it went back up to 49
  5. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    No, when the battety is fully charged it uses the outlet (or whatever you use to charge) power only. Not the battery.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it's fine. The battery percentage adjusts to what it would be if you kept running whatever app. If you stopp using it, it'll go to what it would be with whatever your doing.