Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx, Nov 23, 2011.
I fixed it now, so it's not in recovery mode anymore!
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE THE FILE EXTENSION???????????
wow, this thread got a lot of attention, lol been off the site for a while..
I helped SabbeSyed on TeamViewer and the solution turned out to be WinRAR. You should add to the first post that WinRAR is the only program that works for this.
firmware not compatible. Upgrading iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 5.0 . Any help? iPod Touch 4
*Error 3005. What should i do now? Btw my home button is broken hence i cant use pwneddfu
If you are not upgrading to 5.1.1 you have to use SHSH blobs, either TinyUmbrella or stitching with redsn0w. If you are not using a stock IPSW you have to use Pwned DFU, which you get into using this tutorial using the 5.1.1 IPSW. And make sure you use WinRAR.
1. Open TinyUmbrella 5.11.00b, click on your device in the left, and click "Save SHSHs"
2. Look in the white box and download the IPSW of the firmware in the box that you want to restore to (these are your only options)
3. Use WinRAR with this tutorial with the 5.1.1 IPSW
4. Click "Start TSS Server" in TinyUmbrella
5. Shift+click restore to the IPSW you downloaded in step 2
Okay done perfectly but now my iPod is in DFU mode. When I use custom firmware to restore it. iTunes keeps showing error 1600. I switched on TSS also. Unchecked the set host button.
Currently going from ios 5.1.1 to 4.3.3 . The custom firmware should be 4.3.3 ipsw? I tried to jailbreak using redsnow in my current pwned DFU mode in ios 5.1.1 . Instead it says USB commutation problem. Any help?
Try using stock firmware instead of custom. Once on 4.3.3, you can jailbreak with jailbreakme.com
i dont get how once im in winrar viewing the lbb file, how i can then open it with hex
Separate names with a comma.