How To enable disk use on ipod touch with a pc???

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ace-01, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ace-01

ace-01 New Member

i need to enable disk use or a programme that gets my music from my ipod touch to pc
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Can't you just take your music out through SSH, or touch explorer?
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    itouch doesn't support disc mode as it is formatted in HFS+ and not FAT as the old ipods were. The only way to communicate with a windows pc and itouch is using wincsp (see stickies in this form for set up of WinSCP) but this won't be much use for copying music as it is stored under a different format... not sure if there is any music backup utility for itouch to pc as yet...
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Format of the media on the iPod Touch has nothing to do with the fact that it can't be mounted. Can't be mounted on the Mac either and the Mac supports HFS+. Apple hasn't made drivers available to mount it, and may not. If they do, it'd be more a network store probably than an external drive (iPod Touch is more computer than peripheral).

And I'm not sure where you're getting the music is under a different format stuff from. I believe it's the same format, but the files are renamed.

And yes there is an application - go here - http://www.findleydesigns.com/index.html
  5. Geekgod4

Geekgod4 New Member

can you add a link to touch explorer???

Thanks dude.
  6. AC3

AC3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually there is one more application to enable disk access through the software, it's called TouchCopy and you can find it here: http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/

I bought this software and it's pretty neat indeed. It allows you to backup your music, video, photos and it preserves the ID3 Tags of the music tracks and also the Album Artwork.

Please Register or Log in to view images