(How to) Edit other.artwork, and font colors with Winterboard

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fha11, Aug 4, 2008.

1. fha11

fha11 New Member

First off propz to Saurik for the quality release, loving the fact that every few hours I open Cydia im findin that winteboard is being actively worked on, n it keeps gettin better, lookin forward to an implementation of a proper GUI in the near future, but for the meantime, its made warming into 2.0 alot more pleasant given the fact that im gettin my pre 1.1.4 update customization back on 2.0.

Last night I was browsing the forum n i came across a post that got into the whole process of how to edit the other.artwork using winterboard, and in the information tab in Cydia Saurik said information on this would be released soon in the more info section, although that hasnt been updated. What I found is if you navigate to *UPDATED* /Library/Themes/com.Saurik with your SSH client, and open the info.plist you will get something like this (ive attached what each string does): (UPDATED)

<key>NavigationBarStyle</key>
    <string>2</string>

--Controls the other.artwork, string value 0 ( Blue bar) , value 1 ( black bar), value 2 (transparent) these changes can be seen if you open your prefrences on the spring board where it says settings on the top, depending on the string value, other.artwork will be changed. If 2 is set, you will be able to see your background behidn the settings text.

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: monospace; font-size: 13px; color: white</string>

-- Changing the text after color alters the springboard icons to any color, if you come up with any other variations other then red, blue, black, red, white, green, purple, orange or pink let me know (transparent also works for no text btw)
    After font-family: just insert any font in your font cache with its name, n it will be used, to not use a custom font all together, delete that line all the way up to the beginning of color so the string looks like this <string> color: white</string>

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: hell; font-size: 13px; color: burlywood</string>

-- This changes the icon labels of the dock text, same type of thing as explained above, do note parts or entire lines can be removed to cater towards what u want to do with your plist.

<key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: monospace; font-size: 16px; color: black</string>

--This is for the clock in the status bar you can set the font type, font size and even font color.

for all color possibilitys check here: http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/html_colornames.asp (kudos to RedrumsSam for the link)

So all you have to essentially do, is copy the info.plist from Library/Themes/Saurik, to your other theme folders for instance (/Library/Themes/PlainJainDim) and use it as a template which you can edit to cater towards your font color and custom artwork preferences. Save Changes, and apply through winterboard, n your good to go!

I searched the forum n saw that this wasn't posted, so if it was, mind me, but just sharing the knowledge for those who weren't aware of this, enjoy

A screenshot of my Badge White Embossed Dock Edition theme, with font text in black for the dock is attached below

***For Those having problems applying styling to there themes, MAKE SURE you are using the updated info.plist located in the Saurik theme directory as to it having updated labels for elements, if your applying an old info.plist to the newer winterboard update, styling will not happen, hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    wow i gunna try that, thanks alot!
  3. zeizei

zeizei New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great guide, thanx a lot. Worked fine.
  4. Ruud91

Ruud91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    and even better is if you write "transparent" as color the text under the icons will be invisible

5. fha11

fha11 New Member

thanks for the transparent tip, wasn't even aware of that, now i can apply some of my older themes

6. Van Helsing

Van Helsing New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can use standard HEX Colour codes.

Example: #FF0000 being red.

The styles follow a CSS language, so that leads me to assume you'll be able to style a lot more things in the SpringBoard using standard CSS.

And knowing Apple, they'll be using WebKit. Hence why they're able to generate rounded corners for icons that don't have them.

I'll experiment with a few WebKit styles, and report back.

UPDATE:

Yep, it's all WebKit

You can add shadows to elements using:

Code:
    text-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.7);
    That will give you a black shadow of 1px, black and 70% opacity.

*Cracks fingers*
    Time to CSS it up!
  7. PAEz

PAEz New Member

and now it looks like ya can pick the font and size...
    <key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: monospace; font-size: 20px</string>
    ...oh and the times look

Love the speed this guy codes at, cant wait to see all the features itll have in the end.
    and I wish the # values where rgba not just rgb, ohwell.
  8. Van Helsing

Van Helsing New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can use RGBA for any colour.

As I said above, rgba(0,0,0,0.7) will give you black @ 70% opacity. Perfect for a shadow.
  9. PAEz

PAEz New Member

I didnt see your post when i posted mine.
    Thats awesome tho, thanx heaps, it worked a treat!
  10. fha11

fha11 New Member

Winterboard keeps gettin better n better... I cant wait until all this gets implemented through a GUI so we dont have to ssh into our phones to change text colors and opacity, but at the rate Saurik is going, Winteboard has INSANE potential as being one of the leading customization tools on the 2.0 firmware... Thanks for the added insights everyone, quality forum, with quality ppl