HOW-TO - EASY Downgrade from 1.1.3 with iTunes 7.6 MAC - withOUT iphuc

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by johnnypuffs, Jan 27, 2008.

1. johnnypuffs

johnnypuffs New Member

So I have been trying for 2 hours to figure out how to downgrade from 1.1.3 and keep getting the error. Tried on my other mac as well with iTunes 7.5 and still the error. Can't get iPhuc to work through Parallels. Was getting hopeless.

Finally found an EASY way that works. I don't remember where I found the method, I copied a bunch of stuff into text edit and this WORKED!!

First off, lemme just say I'm running 1.1.3 on my iPod with the software update pack and iTunes 7.6 when I did this.

1. Connect your iPod touch and let it show up in iTunes and finish syncing and make sure you've logged into the home screen.

2. Hold down POWER and HOME until the iPod disappears from the source list.

3. When the iPod disappears from the source list, you can let go of the POWER button but, KEEP holding the HOME button until the iPod pops back into the list in recovery mode.

4. Then you can go about your normal downgrade routine by holding down the OPTION key while clicking the "Restore" button and choose the 1.1.1 firmware. (Edit: for PC Users, hold down the SHIFT key while clicking Restore)

As I said earlier, no need for iPhuc and this was done using 1.1.3 and iTunes 7.6. I can't believe how hard this information was to find.

By the way, this is NOT the normal restore way as it was in previous downgrades... that's when you get the unknown errors.

YEAH!!!!!

Hope this helps people out. This was driving me INSANE!!

Can one of the mods sticky this please. I searched FOREVER for this and I'm sure others are in the same boat
  2. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried this and it didn't work for me. Everytime i try to restore to 1.1.1 it comes up with "the iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An Uknown error occurred (1)"

someone already stickied something like this too

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    wow, it actually worked. you have to follow the steps, dont assume ANYTHING just do what is told. my ipod already had the restore screen but when i plugged it in i still pressed and held the restart buttons and let go of the power button when the ipod went off and BOOM!!!! restore
  4. johnnypuffs

johnnypuffs New Member

Yeah I was so happy to find that and have it actually work.

5. JYogi

JYogi New Member

Where can we find the 1.1.1 firmware??
    Please tell me where I can DL it.
  6. Willrob

Willrob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes, this works!!

Been struggling for two days to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and now I've been able to. What is unique about these instructions, which I have to admit are extremely like others, is the stress on when to release the power button and the home button. Read those sections carefully: power button released after iPod unmounts in iTunes; continue to hold home key until it remounts and is in restore mode.
  7. mathen

mathen New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I did this when my ipod cRASHED! But all i could see was one option' restore & update to 1.1.3! No option to restore to 1.1.1

8. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

quite useful i say
  9. johnlennon

johnlennon New Member

now that's strange. i tried this yesterday 10 times or more, exactly the same procedure. but didn't work, always get the error. now I tried it again.. and it just works

thanks a lot anyway

10. johnnypuffs

johnnypuffs New Member

You need to have the 1.1.1 update file downloaded to your comp. Then shift click (PC) or Option click (MAC) the restore button. This will allow you to choose what file to restore from.. Basic stuff. read some of the stickys