How to Dual Boot -.-

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KingOfWar, Apr 11, 2008.

1. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Guys I have been trying to make my iPod dual bootable for 3 days... I cant. Can anyone help me? Like IM help? IRC?
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    it is so complex. Also, be careful. You can brick your ipod doing it I heard. But, I cannot help you unfortuantly. I wish there was an automatic one that you would input your ip of your touch and it would run all the commands for you.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Let me put it this way: If you have had a lot of trouble up to now, you should not be undertaking this. It's a complex process and wouldn't it be too bad if something unfavorable happened. The kinds of problems you may encounter are not simply spinning wheels of death, if you catch my drift...
  4. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First I'd like to tell then guy who thinks you can brick your iPod touch. You can't. Also I found the problem, I missread and I used 1.2 for the firmware but I didn't pwn it so I just got a pink screen LOL all I need now is winpwn beckuse, sadly, I don't have a mac
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I hope you did not misinterpret my statement. I did not say you could "brick" your device. I just said that the problems are not as simple as an SWoD.
  6. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Whatever -.- Wish me luck =)
  7. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry for double post..

I guess I did the dual boot alright (I cant switch partition but im not trying)

Im just going to JB 1.1.4 and have it that way till WinPwn comes out... I now know that I dont need my iPod Touch to dual boot...
  8. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, it is possible to brick your touch when you dual boot. Just a normal jailbreak can't brick it but dual booting it is more complex and can lead to many more problems like hellrider said.
    Hope this helps. The process seems about as complex as the first jailbreak (74 steps ahhh!).

I'll find the thread for the dual boot.
    EDIT: Found it. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49784&highlight=dual boot
    It seems fairly simple, just tedious and long.
  9. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    do you rekon if over time dual booting will be like jailbreaking?? like it will start out complex and then apps will be made like ZiPhone to make it easy???

I hope so, i wanna dual boot but im to scared!
  10. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In my opinion its really easy... you just need to copy paste -.- Lol. And I am 99.9% sure you cant brick an iPod Touch.