how to dual boot Windows Xp or Mac OS X??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchmaster05, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi, i currently have windows xp, on my compaq laptop with AMD 1.6ghz and 1.2gb ram. I was wandering how to be able to dual boot it to work with Mac OS X and my windows xp, if anyone knows how, please tell me. and post info here, i searched all through google, and there are many sites talking about it, but very confusing and not helpful. So any info would be great. thanks
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well i wanna say just partition your HD and install OSX on it. With the newer macs running Intel Chips and structure it should be that easy. But dont take my word for it. I have no clue how the Mac/OSX structure works. You may very well only be able to emulate it.

If you find more info i would also be interested in this. So PM me if you find anything. Also "Paragon Partition Manager" is a great little program for editing and creating partitions.

EDIT- So i poked around a bit. Looks like my above method should theoretically work as long as you get a version of OS X that is 10.4 or later. The only problem is that you will then need to go out and find drivers to get all of your hardware working in OS X.
  3. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
  4. centplyr

centplyr Member

hello touchmaster!

Ok, so there is a lot of info on this subject, all hard to seperate but I think this vid is most helpful.

Vid on OSX with windows

and im not sure that you can dual boot unless you're really really good with computers not to mention i'm not sure that the OSX Kernal type core of the OS will even work on an AMD : /

this is also another good site for the best info

site2

uh... there is also a lot of problems with drivers and compatibilites/bugs!

as Tom meritt says, it's probably better not to attempt it unless you're somewhat advanced but it is possible i believe, check out that vid.. and look for if AMD is compatible with the OSX kernal thingy (im using the word "kernal" because thats what windows main thing for the OS is, just not sure what mac is...)

hope this gave you a base of info even if it's not a lot!

Please Register or Log in to view images

(btw i meant in no way to undermine your ability to work with computers! sorry if it came out that way.)
  5. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea i looked into the info that you just posted. They have a nice list of compatable laptops/hardware. Looks a bit complicated even for me. Ive dabbled in dual booting before. And OS X looks far from an easy dual boot. If youve got the time and space id say try to emulate it.
  6. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

I Was spend 1 day of my life downloading the Mac oS 10 patched to windows.
    And i can't make it works....

When i put the dvd. Stuck in the apple logo.

Help

7. AzureBlack

AzureBlack New Member

The mods around here seem pretty damn clueless, why aren't I a mod?

Anyways, there's no straight installation onto a non-Mac PC. Just doesn't work, on the other hand, there is a homebrew (if not somewhat illegal way of doing it.)

Search for OSX86. Read up. Download an ISO of it through bit*******. Install (or attempt to). Cross fingers. Voila. a (maybe) working Mac OS on a PC. Compatibility is low.

Main Site:

www.osx86project.org/

PM me if you need help.
  8. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ya, thats what im doing....i love *******s
  9. AzureBlack

AzureBlack New Member

It's the only way to GET the file. It's a 4.37 gig file. You have to burn it onto a DVD, if you can't burn DVDs then you're SOL. I had it running on my comp (after a bit of tweaking. Networking and graphics acceleration didn't work, other than that it worked great.

How the hell do I become a mod?
  10. centplyr

centplyr Member

doesnt networking work? (ethernet at least.) and what doesnt work with graph accel?

experiencing any other problems like device errors and stuff? will the touch work with iTunes and will digi cams/USB devices work etc., etc.?

just curious.

yea....how do you become a mod?

also is that bunny asleep in your arms, in your avatar??? so cute!