How to download apps and change permisions without computer!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dwonder3, Feb 18, 2008.

1. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In this how to I will tell you how to download iphysics levels, roms, apps, themes, skins, anything! Off the web and change permisions. WITHOUT A COMPUTER!

I already made one about Roms but I recently found out how to change permisions on the iPod. So now you can do almoust anything.

Step 1. Download the plugins to download stuff off safari. You only need the plugins!Download Plugin Here You will also need to download MobileFinder, Term-vt.100, and CLU - zip. You can get these off installer.

Step 2. Download whatever you want off installer. Some things will say "safari canot download this file. I dont know why. You can name it anything you want. Just remember what you named it.

Step 3. After done downloading go to Term-vt.100 and type in "unzip ~/Downloads/whatever your file is named" hit return. EXAMPLE: unzip ~/Downloads/mario.zip
    The file should start extracting.

Step 4. Go to MobileFinder. Go into the Downloads folder. After that find the file you just extracted. Some themes, apps may be in the folder in that folder. After you find the file you are looking for, select it then hit file>move. Put where you would put it if you were SSHing.

Step 5. You can stop here if you put on a theme or roms. But if you have something that needs permision like a app or iphyics level follow this. Go to Term-vt.100 and type in "chmod -R 755 /Applications/" /Applications/ needs to be subsistuted with the location of the folder the thing you downloaded is. So if you did an iphysics level it would be ~/Media/iPhysics/

Step 6. Try it out!!! You might need to restart your iPod for changes to take effect.

Hope you guys liked this, if you did why not give me some rep?
    Feel free to leave Questions and comments.
    -dwonder3
    This is my 400th post!!!!
    BTW- this was all done on my ipod
    2 people like this.
  2. dwonder3

Device:
    iPod touch
    No one likes this?
  3. k wizzle

k wizzle New Member

or you could just use mobilefinder to change the permissions.. thats what i use
  4. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Good on ya for making this, it'll help a lot of people.
  5. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

i just wanted to say thanks a lot. i have been looking for something new to do on my ipoT and everytime i try a tutorial to unzip something it never works but yours did. just really wanna say thanks im really excited about this
  6. dwonder3

Device:
    iPod touch
    glad you guys like it. Thanks for the rep
  7. dwonder3

Device:
    iPod touch
    UPDATE: I made the unzip part a bit easier for those who care.
  8. Cstsxyfry212

Cstsxyfry212 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    easier way

I just name the zipfile to a.zip and b.zip and I on. LOL. Its way easier