How to Downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.2, No Blobs MC models OK

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jimslaid, Jun 29, 2010.

1. jimslaid

jimslaid New Member

Sorry because I stole this form someone.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just think this tut should be on here.

You need:
    ________

(1)iPhone or iPod touch

(2)USB Cord

(3)Official Firmware File (iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw)
    [ Download the new iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware | Redmond Pie ]

(4)BlackRa1n
    [ BlackRa1n.com ]
    or Spirit

(5) iTunes 9.2 or below.

Make sure you have all the requirements stated above before beginning.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    (This written tutorial is for PC users only because some of the file locations and such may be different on a mac. I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do.)

(Put blackra1n.exe into the following directory ( CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support ) This way blackra1n will run with ease.

Step 1- Go to ( C:/WINDOWS/System32/drivers/etc/hosts ). Now go to the top of the etc folder and press the drop-down box entitled TOOLS. Next go to Folder Options... Then go to the VIEW tab and uncheck "HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES." Now go back to the etc folder and edit the name of HOSTS to HOSTS.TXT. Now you should be able to edit the file in notepad or your preferred text editor and do that. Now once in the file, at the very bottom find some blank space and paste this following code there, ( 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com ) Now save the file and rename it back to HOSTS (so now you're removing the .TXT so it's back to a plain old file.)

Step 2- Put your iPhone into DFU mode. To do this do the following: Hold the power button down and slide the bar on the top to shut off your iPhone. Now you'll see a loading wheel and a grayish-black screen. Once the wheel disappears and the iPhone turns completely off immediately start holding down the power button and home button for 10 seconds. Now let go of the power button and keep holding the home button. You should still have a black screen and if you don't then you didn't do it right and then attempt to do it again. Now you should hear a ding and an iTunes message will popup telling you that your iPhone is in recovery mode and you must restore to continue using it. You can let go of the home button by this point or when itunes dings and the message appears.

Step 3- Go to your iPhone on iTunes and where it says RESTORE just hold shift and click that. Now a box will pop-up and look for the Firmware file. Click on the file and then iTunes will say it's preparing your iPod and what not. Now wait a minute or so and then hold down the power and home button. Then you should see a white screen. Release the two buttons and start holding them down for a second time. Now you'll see a black screen with an apple icon and in a minute or so a progress bar will appear and your iPhone will go through the restore process.

Step 4- Now you should get an error code of 1015 this is expected. Press OK, then a box will pop-up saying you're in recovery mode, Press OK again. On your iPhone screen there should be the Recovery Mode Picture. Go to the folder which blackra1n is placed in and run it. Now click on the button MAKE IT RA1N. Now you're iPhone will go through the jailbreaking process. After that finishes you can go do whatever you want with your fresh/downgraded iPhone.
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    well, you should try and reword it. that's plagiarism. and you're not even giving credit to who wrote this.

You sir, have lost my respect.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ka1a

ka1a New Member

Well, point 1 should be enough only. No need for other 3 points.
  4. Flying_MashedPotatoes

Flying_MashedPotatoes Banned

Ya!!! You suck!! Plagiarismo!!!
  5. jimslaid

jimslaid New Member

Ok Fine. His youtube name is NeglectedGlitchers. Next time I will not help.