iOS 3.1 [HOW TO] Downgrade from 3.1.3 with SHSH sigs backed up

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SpeedyApocalypse, Feb 11, 2010.

1. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    YOU SHOULD ONLY BACK UP YOUR SIGNATURES NOW. YOU CAN GET A FULL UNTETHERED JAILBREAK ON ALL DEVICE USING THE SPIRIT JAILBREAK.

This will not work on the following iPods/iPhones (without ECID/SHSH sigs backed up)

- 3GS iPhone
    - 32GB 3G iPod Touch
    - 64GB 3G iPod Touch
    - 32GB 2G iPod Touch (later model, with the MC serial number)

For ALL other models, it will work without having your SHSH/ECID signatures backed up.

How to Downgrade and Jailbreak iPod Touch and iPhone 3G (Including MC Serial)

By SpeedyApocalypse

Hello everyone, welcome to my second tutorial on how to downgrade your iPhone or iPod Touch (even MC serial number) to 3.1.2 firmware and then Jailbreak it. This guide involves the knowledge of DFU mode (will be explained) and involves the knowledge of how to use Blackra1n. I originally did this on a Windows computer and the tutorial will be geared toward Windows users.

Firstly, you must locate the 3.1.2 firmware that works for your specific device. For example, an iPod Touch 3G (3rd Generation) would be iPod3,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw. I am not going to tell you how to get this firmware, but if you upgraded from another firmware to 3.1.2 for that device, it should be located under this directory (note that Appdata is a HIDDEN folder, you may have to un-hide it):

Once you have your correct 3.1.2 firmware, you will have to put your device into DFU mode. This stands for Device Firmware Upgrade mode, not Definitely F**ked Up Mode as some people think. Anyways, to get into DFU mode, follow these instructions (have your device plugged into the computer so you know when you have entered DFU mode):

• Whilst your device is on the homescreen, hold down the Power and Home buttons like shown in this image. Make sure to GO PAST the turn off screen, do not "Slide to Turn Off". Your device will automatically shut off when you are holding these buttons long enough.

Please Register or Log in to view images

• Now, as soon as your device turns off, release the power button but KEEP holding on the Home button for 10 - 20 seconds, or until you hear a "Du Du" or beep on your computer. This will tell you that you are successfully into DFU mode.

Alrighty, now that we are in DFU mode, we have to go around iTunes having to register the 3.1.2 firmware with apple.

Go into this directory and find the file named "Hosts." This file will have no extension, you can open it with Notepad. I recommend you make a backup of this file first, to avoid any damages.

Once you open the file, add this to the VERY BOTTOM.

My Hosts file looked like this when done:

What this did is make iTunes believe that it is registering the firmware with iTunes when it is actually registering it with another host (I believe this is Saurik's server).

Alright, once you have completed that step, we are going to get started. Take your device which is in DFU mode and enter iTunes, it should recognize it as an iPod in Recovery Mode. Hold down "Shift" (Command on Mac) and select "Restore." This will take you to a folder, now, browse and find the 3.1.2 firmware that works for your device. If it says that it is the wrong firmware, you have the wrong firmware (obviously). Once it works, you will see a restore process start.

It should successfully register the firmware with iTunes, you should get NO errors. If you get an error, start from the beginning, you probably did something wrong. I did this with 8 iPods including 4 with the MC serial number and there were NO ERRORS.

Okay, now you should just sit back, and relax as iTunes does the rest of the work.

After around 5 minutes, your iPod or iPhone should restart.

After it has restarted, you will be successfully downgraded to the 3.1.2 firmware, now you can EASILY Jailbreak. For any iPods or iPhones with the MC serial number, this will be a tethered Jailbreak meaning that you will have to run Blackra1n whenever you wish to fully restart your iPod.

To start the actual jailbreak, we are first going to download a program called Blackra1n. You can download it from there site or you can support me by downloading it from my link

Official Download

http://www.blackra1n.com

My Link

http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/349390273/Blackra1n.exe

Once you have Blackra1n, you will now have to plug in your iPod (on 3.1.2 firmware) to your computer. Once it is plugged in, it is recommended that you shut down iTunesHelper.exe on your Processes (on Task Manager). Once you have closed this down, run Blackra1n.

Within 15 seconds, you should see a wierd picture on your iPod, this is NORMAL. Do not close Blackra1n until your iPod starts up. When it does, you will be good to go and your iPod will be Jailbroken. On all devices with the MC serial number, Blackra1n will run AGAIN after you run it the first time (the pop-up will come up a second time). This is also normal.

Once your iPod has rebooted, just go to the second page of applications, and you will see Blackra1n. Apple got PWNED again!

If you have ANY questions, just PM me or comment here.

2. mrdramaboi

mrdramaboi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    will this delete all of your songs/videos/picture?
  3. moshonas

moshonas Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yes, its a full restore.
  4. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can just re-sync them back on.
  5. gex00

gex00 New Member

Yea but this only works and Correct me if Im wrong here - When you stored your ECID in saurik's server right...but if you dont have it on his server then 3.1.3 3G users are definitely f*cked atm...
  6. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope, I didn't store ECID in his server on the iPods that I jailbroke with and it worked fine.
  7. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Its actually a very nice guide. Props on that, very professional looking, and well-written as well. Great job!
  8. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks

9. gex00

gex00 New Member

I see...well if what you said is true then this might restore my itouch as well right?

I currently have 3.1.2 and the only problem with it is restoring..

Cause if this method of yours could restore my itouch then props as well

10. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What do you mean not restoring properly? If it won't restore, just put it in DFU mode and try these steps and it should Jailbreak fine and hopefully fix the restore issue.