how to downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 with windows

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by scot279, Jan 28, 2008.

1. scot279

scot279 New Member

Hello, im new here so don't flame if there is already a post here explaining (ive searched around briefly) just link me to the thread.

Here's the deal, ive searched numerous sites trying to downgrade and lost all my data in the process. I started out with the original firmeware out of the box and went straight to updating to 1.1.3.

I am now running 1.1.3 non jailbreak with iTunes 7.5 for windows. I am looking to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 whichever I need to downgrade to in order to upgrade to a jailbreak 1.1.3 touch.
  2. joeyhbaby

joeyhbaby New Member

3. sangesf

sangesf New Member

You're kidding, right?

At the top of this forum there's a sticky that says...

Sticky: World’s Easiest Method to Downgrade the iPod touch from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1!

How about you try there.
  4. scot279

scot279 New Member

i did look there and as i looked there i saw that it was only for mac users....so read what i said (looking for downgrade for windows)
  5. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

it doesnt matter if its for windows or mac , just simply hold down the home and power button while connect to itunes and its not ejected, once the ipod icon or itunes doesnt recongize the ipod release the power button but still hold the home button for 10secs. itunes should then recongize ur ipod in recovery mode. now is the best time to shift+click the restore button on itunes.... locate and click the 1.1.1 restore file(if u dont have that , find it!!! theres links everywhere) let itunes work it and then there u go 1.1.1 XD . any help plz dont be afraid to send me a message.
  6. sangesf

sangesf New Member

He's right...

Here...

The world’s easiest method to downgrade your iPod touch from 1.1.3 back to 1.1.1
    NOTE: This is NOT the same as putting your iPod into RESTORE MODE. If you put your iPod into "Restore Mode" when you try to Downgrade to 1.1.1, it will give you an error.

1.) Connect your iPod touch to your running iTunes (version 7.5 is preferred).
    Make sure it shows up in iTunes.

2.) Make sure your iPod is showing its 1.1.3 home screen (it’s not in Recovery Mode.)

3.) Put the iPod touch in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode as follows:

a.) Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.

b.) Release the Power button when you see the iPod disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPod’s screen is blank.

c.) Release the Home button when you see the iPod re-connects and re-appears in iTunes. This happens in about 20 seconds. The screen is still blank until the iPod reconnects.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It’s good to go!

Now you can do the usual restore firmware procedure with Option+Restore (Shift+Restore in PC), and subsequently jailbreak your iPod touch once again.