how to do this...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by DarkWrath, May 26, 2009.

1. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    on my Weather and Stocks Apps (and similar) because of my theme my status bar is different to the apps background. this is really ugly and is starting to annoy me. Can i edit the background in anyway (preferably not through the Weather.app or Stock.app itself but through winterboard)? Help would be appreciated.

NOT THE PAGE INDICATORS ON THE BOTTOM. THE BACK AREA.

Attached Files:

2. Reaperrr

Reaperrr Member

3. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i'm taling about the black background around the rounded rectange containing the actual weather details. not the section in the middle itself, the black section on the outside
  4. Reaperrr

Reaperrr Member

You would just change that area to whatever you want in the image with the middle like the files I gave you.
  5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    uhuh. you're barkin up the wrong tree. i just checked out those files in ifile and i am not talking about those. if you look at my screenshot again you would see that i am talking about THE BLACK BACKGROUND BEING DIFFERENT FROM THE STATUS BAR. please look a bit more carefully

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Reaperrr

Reaperrr Member

So do you want to change the status bar or the back area behind the weather, or am I missing something

7. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the back area behind the weather. i feel confused too lol
  8. Reaperrr

Reaperrr Member

Yes, you would just edit that part of the image in Photoshop or w/e, and then it will change when you put them in WinterBoard, just make sure you name them correctly and then put the folders like this Bundles > com.apple.weather and then put the images for day (weather_day_bkgd) and night (weather_night_bkgd) in there.
  9. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've stroked out the bit in red to make sure you know what i'm talking about. I just wanna make it transparent even. Anything but black.

im probably gonna give in, i looked around google and some guy on macthemes said it was coded in a plist. to be honest i'm getting tired of this. If ANYONE knows
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Someone has got to know!