how to do the following on the ipod touch 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by custardcream, May 9, 2009.

1. custardcream

custardcream New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    only just got one yesterday and after a couple hours fiddling around with it i have some questions :-

-how do i switch the ipod touch off?
    -- i know it will sleep itself after being unused for a time. but how do i manually make the ipod touch sleep?

-ive downloaded apps and then deleted them. this is causing great big gaps to appear on the pages. how do i make the ipod resort everything to fill in the gaps?

-on some games (like imobsters for example) it occasionally comes up with links onscreen that take you to a browser. how do i get back out that browser to where i was in the game without quitting back to the ipod main menu and restarting the game?

-ive got some 'lite' versions of games. can these be upgraded from within the game (like the 360 arcade games for example), or another way, or do i have to download a different version and then delete the 'lite' version?

-i cant slide my thumbs around very well at all. my fingers are always a little sweaty and the resulting greasyness causing sliding digits to stick thus making it almost impossible to play some games where you must slide your finger around a d-pad control scheme.
    any ideas on solutions? (constantly wiping my hands isnt really one because ive either got to die in the process or pause constantly)
    although bizarre - how about aluminium cooking foil wrapped around the tips of my thumbs? (i say tin foil because its conductive and the screen needs conductivity rather than pressure)
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To turn it off, press and hold the sleep button then slide to turn it off. You can move apps by pressing and holding on one of them until they wiggle then dragging them. Games cannot be upgraded within the games yet, though they will soon. Stop sweating. Nobody else has this problem!

AND NEXT TIME. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.
  3. machine_fpv

machine_fpv New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ dude seriously go easy on him/her :|,first time poster most probably and just got a touch so ease up.for op try buy a screen protector it sometimes helps but yeah if that dosnt help your on your own buddy xD.and i wouldn't recommend the aluminum foil or anything like this because it will most likely scratch your screen

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope i helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use extremely thin gloves - similar to the ones the doctors use. They work perfectly fine but your hands get sweaty inside the gloves and sometimes its gross.
  5. custardcream

custardcream New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks. lol wish i could stop sweating, it fair pisses out of me at times.

--------------

some people have mentioned rebooting the ipod touch before/after playing certain games (some on the app store seem to recommend it)
    how do i reboot the ipod touch other than just switching it on/off using the sleep button?

--------------

so the only way of filling gaps made by app deletion is to manually do it?
    thats extremely laborious and time consuming when youve got 5 or 6 pages and youve got to drag icons from all the pages after/before to fill gaps as they appear...
    isnt there a way of getting the ipod to sort/shift it all across?

---------------

how do i get rid of unwanted apps like the default weather and stock programs?

---------------

does jailbreaking an ipod touch mean that i can no longer legally use the app and itunes stores?
    i really wouldnt mind being able to use the backgrounder app that ive heard about to play my music in some games.
    (i mean does it do something like xbox live and check your firmware etc for modifications)

----------------
  6. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. the only way to reboot if not jailbroken is to use the sleep button

2. there is no way to sort the apps you have to do it manually

3. you can hide apps using sbsettings which you can get once jailbroken

4. jailbreaking still allows you to use the itunes store, all it does is void the warranty if anything goes wrong, but the warranty can be easily recovered by restoring
  7. custardcream

custardcream New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thankyou soutar.

one follow up question - theres no way to automatically sort apps.... how about putting them into folders?.... let me guess, thats a jailbreak feature aswell??