Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

How to Disable Wifi or add password

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ShariT, Oct 29, 2008.

1. ShariT

ShariT New Member

Can anyone give me specific instructions on disabling the wifi feature on the iPod 2nd Gen touch. I don't want my daughter to be able to use this feature - ever! So I don't want to just turn it off - she shouldn't be able to turn it back on either. Any ideas?
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

You can't really turn off the WiFi feature, but you can block everything that uses it and requires a password to access. Go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Enable Restrictions and it will ask for a 4 digit password. Then turn everything on.
  3. shitpan

shitpan Banned

you could put a pw on your wifi router.
    OR you could go to settings>general>restrictions and put a pw on all the things that use wifi, like safari, youtube, itunes, etc...

hope that helped.
  4. ShariT

ShariT New Member

Wifi Block

I think these should work. I don't have control over the wifi routers, as they are at several of my neighbors houses. But, if I put a password on the wifi within the iPod, she won't be able to access any of those systems...correct?
  5. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Nope. She can turn on the WiFi, but it will do nothing but drain her battery. Just as long as she doesn't know the password, your good.
  6. ShariT

ShariT New Member

Password Issue

She's one step ahead of me....already has a password on the restrictions. Any ideas?
  7. JAD

JAD New Member

You need to talk to her. :)
  8. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

What you can try doing is connecting the iPod to iTunes, and restoring it. That will start it off from square one and you can set it all up from the beginning.
  9. shitpan

shitpan Banned

how old is she?
    slap her up a little.
  10. debugman

debugman New Member

Well, firstly, you kind of can't, excluding restrictions. You know what you should do? (Btw, I am a 17 year old) Did you buy the iPod? If so, take it away from her, or get her to tell you the password to Restrictions. She'll probably hate you for it for a little while, but you should get used to it if you're a parent.

A note, do you really distrust your daughter that much? That's pretty insulting to us teens; if she's only like 14 or younger, I can understand. There's lots of stuff out there that's bad.

By the way, if she's on 2.1, there is an easy way to see what she has been looking at online through google, even if she clears her cache and everything. From safari, type in a letter, and it WILL show you the stuff starting with that letter that she has been searching for. So, see something you don't like, ground her from the iPod.
    ------------------double post merged------------------