How to disable a passcode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Amrithal, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Amrithal

Amrithal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey so I just jailbroke my ipt3g 8g last night and today I tried setting up my email and it asked for me to make a passcode. I went along with it thinking it would just be for my email not realising I would need to enter it everytime I want to unlock. I tried to go into settings>general>passcode lock but there is no option to disable or turn it off. The only option I have is to chage the passcode or how often I want it to ask for my passcode. My question is if there is any way to disable this passcode. If not, when I restore will I need to jailbreak or will cydia be synced and work properly from my itunes?
  2. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    If there is no top button that says "Turn Passcode Off" I have no clue, as as long as I can remember, that button is there - and just to be sure checked now, and on my 2G its there...
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is a button there to turn it off. And if you do restore, Cydia will be removed and you will need to reinstall all your jailbreak apps.
  4. Amrithal

Amrithal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    okay, where exactly is the button? when i click passcode lock, it takes me to "enter your passcode" then it gives me three options, 1. Change Passcode 2. Require Passcode and 3. Erase Data. No where is there a disable passcode lock button.
  5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hmmm... You had to enter a code twice, and you forgot it?
    That passcode won't come up unless you get one, which has to be entered twice....

I think you stole it.

But anyways (I offer benefit of the doubt), yes, you'll lose everything if you restore.
    Just put everything back on.
  6. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Bubalooshi, if the passcode lock is on, and he can use the ipod, he obviously knows the passcode.
  7. Amrithal

Amrithal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no i have the passcode, i did not forget it, i just set it by accident and I cannot figure out how to remove it. i tried to restore but it is still asking me for a code

where did this come from? you clearly did not read my post correctly as i said that I need to disable the passcode, no where did I say that I did not have the passcode.
  8. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I have no clue what the problem is... I have a 2g 3.1.2 and its still there... Maybe its one of the "features" of the 3g, sorry i could not be of help
  9. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

someone on the forum had this issue before and showed us with a screenie. SSH and browse through /var/keychains/. delete the keychain-2.db thing and reboot.
  10. Amrithal

Amrithal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    im sorry, im not that good with tech stuff, how exactly do I access SSH.

edit: the problem has been resolved thanks to leadergo