How to develop ????????

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by demowolf, Apr 9, 2009.

1. demowolf

demowolf New Member

Oh, Come on guys ,you really think this forum's Search can find my want , I won't be here to ask you guys.

First , This part is Toolchain development , so the first thing we need to do , is how to set the environment . Unforunately , this forum didn't say how to ,so we just tell everything in this topic , show me what you really got . Ok ?

1. What's the exactly operation system ?
    2. What's the environment ? What's SDK?
    3. What's the IDE? How to use it ? How to debug that ?
    4. How to run the app in jailbreaks iphone ? How to connect the iphone , put the app to where ?

So , if this forum's so called fans could not answer , just keep on saying ,"Search" ,“Search" , well , I don't think you can do it.
  2. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Im sure if you google the interwebz it will give you the answer......

I personally dont know, but there are a lot of poeple doing it so im sure it cant be too hard to find the info on the internet.

But then again i dont really know, but i just thought i would reply since no one else has lol.
  3. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

he already said that people keep telling him to search. dont just give him another site.

1. you can only develop for the ipohne on a mac running mac os x 10.5.6
    2. im not sure what you mean by environment, but the sdk is available on the apple dev teams website.
    3 and 4. these are questions that should be asked when you are actually in devlopment, so i wont answer those

hope this helps
  4. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just so you know, the SDK (to make iPhone apps) costs $99.99 USD
  5. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Just so you know, the SDK (to make iPhone apps) doesn't cost anything. The membership to test the applications on the iPhone versus the simulator, and the ability to publish the apps on the AppStore is that costs $99.
  6. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

This thread is full of lies.

1. I have no idea what you mean by that, but I use Linux to develop for the iPhone, and sometimes OS X.
    2/3. You can either use Xcode or the (better option) command line. Both use GDB.
    4. Make a .app bundle out of it and put it into /Applications on your phone.
  7. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    1) OFFICIALY supported OS IS Leopard OSX 10.5.4+
    2)SDK IS XCODE.
    3) Same as 2?? Debug is through the emulator provided in xcode and if you pay $99 you cna test your apps on your own iphone/ipod touch.
    4)Pay $99 and you will be able to run it on your iphone. You can bypass this but I am not %100 how...

More information: http://developer.apple.com/iphone
    Free signup and xcode is FREE. You only pay when you want to publish your apps and when you want to test them on your device.

Hope this helped.
  8. demowolf

demowolf New Member

Hey, I am tring to develop some app like "show videos when call comes ".
    So It has to be toolchain . Those guys still doesn't get the point is "Toolchain " , not Offical SDK .

So i know you can develop on your linux , and debug by gdb , and burn the program to iphone. Can you describe more ? How did you set up the SDK on linux ? How to build ,write code without XCode ?

Thank you .
  9. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  10. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's not the SDK, it's the toolchain.