how to delete contacts and calendars without restoring?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by diver_neil, Nov 13, 2008.

1. diver_neil

diver_neil New Member

guys...i dont know if someone knows how to delete the contacts and calendar marks from ipod touch 1st gen without doing restore or without deleting the contacts from outlook then sync it, any ideas? thanks in advanced.
  2. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you want to delete your contacts and events, or delete the contatcts and calander apps completely?
  3. diver_neil

diver_neil New Member

hello Spyda! yes i want to delete all my contacts and events without restoring it, i tried to uncheck the box sync under info tab from itunes for all contacts and calendar but it did not work. reason for this is i dont want to restore the unit and insall all the apps again. thanks for the time and help.
  4. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, well you could individually delete all of them, but if you click on your iPod in iTunes, then go to the tab with calendar and contacts and uncheck the boxes and resync the ipod they should be gone. not sure why that wouldnt work
  5. joshuafrfld701

joshuafrfld701 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well if i were you i will ask to my service provider who will delete without restoring in the calendar,

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Holy mother of bump
  7. robertsmom

robertsmom New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I saw an answer to a tread somewhere in this site and the suggestion actually helped me. I needed to delete the current contacts and calendar and note. The suggestion was to select to "sync" to a calendar or contact that you don't use - like Microsoft calendar. You would also need to suggest REPLACE so that when it syncs it deletes your Itouch/Iphone calendar info with whatever is in the empty calendar. I tried it using Microsoft calendar and it worked. I didn't see any help for the contacts or notes... but would seem that the same procedure would work with some other kind of program that is empty and compatible to sync.