How to delete a movie directly from the iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ddl_smurf, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ddl_smurf

ddl_smurf New Member

Hi,
    I stumbled on this, and thought it was quite interesting, sorry if it's common knowledge:
    In the videos list screen, flicking a movie from left to right makes a delete button appear which has the most unexpected effect of deleting the flicked video. Would have been really usefull if the iPod touch had a disk mode (I guess if you need that extra meg for the music store).

Regards,
    Eric.
  2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Slide your finger across the movie title from left to right on the listing screen.
  3. calevans

calevans Retired Moderator

it works either way, left to right, vice versa.
  4. hollip3020

hollip3020 New Member

i question if you even bothered to read his post.

ddl_smurf: yeah i found this out by accident one day too. pretty cool since i tend to test each video out when i first transfer it to make sure it works and it loses the blue "not played yet" dot. now when im done i just delete and transfer a new video when i get home.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice tip. I tried that with bookmarks and when it didn't work, I didn't bother trying it elsewhere.
  6. ddl_smurf

ddl_smurf New Member

You can also delete bookmarks : When youre in the list, click on the edit button in the bottom left corner, hit the red circle next to the bookmark you want to delete, and the delete button will appear
  7. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have know this sense the iphone was announced, it was demonstrated in the key note, when you turn off you ipod then turn it back on though (at least for me) the videos show up again but dont play.
  8. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

Hhaha lol i doubt he did

But theres videos on youtube, but if your that bored you would have found the video and felt like this is old news
  9. ddl_smurf

ddl_smurf New Member

So are there any other such tips I may have missed? Should we start a "undocumented features/tips" thread ?
  10. fury

fury New Member

Is this supposed to not work for podcasts etc.? I have some pesky podcasts that keep marking themselves unheard so iTunes doesn't take them out. When I saw this, I immediately tried with those podcasts. Not that I've run out of space yet. I could just barely fill up the old 8 gig I was using before. I'm constantly listening to podcasts to get them cleared out. There's just a few strays that won't stay off.