[How To] Custom email check interval on 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ipodtouch1234, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    [How To] Custom email check interval on 2.0 (can be set up to be a push clone)

SSH, via USB or Wifi, is used to do the following tutorial:
    1. in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences find com.apple.persistentconnection.plist . Save this to your desktop.
    2. Convert it from binary to XML with any converter. This one works for me
    3.This is what it should contain: (It will be different depending if you have push or your current interval. If you have it set for 15 minutes, it will say 900. Change the string PCDefaultPollInterval to the time you want it to check. This is in seconds. (for 15 minutes, its 900 because: 900/60=15)
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    	<key>PCAutoFetch-NonPushMailAccount</key>
    	<true/>
    	<key>PCDefaultPollInterval</key>
    	<integer>180</integer>
    	<key>PCEnablePush</key>
    	<false/>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    4. Back up your original com.apple.persistentconnection.plist by adding .bak or whatever you choose to the file name.
    5. Put your modified one in its place.
    6. Set permissions to 0755 and respring (respring may not be necessary, but thats what I did)

it does check sooner than 15 minutes now. I sent a few test emails at random times and they all put a number by the mail icon. They were less than 4 minutes apart.

oh, and I nor anyone at iptfs assumes any responsibility to any damage this may cause to your iphone or ipod touch. (although it won't)

EDIT: Tested with stopwatch. 100% working. I havent gone into the fetch new data area in settings, because i don't want to manually change it again, but it looks different from the settings app. It used to say 15 Minutes, but it is blank now.

Attached Files:

2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

thanx
    will use this
    good find
  3. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Thanks! This is my first tutorial here, glad I helped someone. if this was helpful, please reply.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Does anybody care about this?