How to create the ipod app without using installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by flattop95, Jun 12, 2008.

1. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Now, there is something in installer that lets you make the ipod app from the music and video apps. But everytime I use it, i get the SWOD, so i just use this method.

first you have to download the N45AP.plist for the ipod app, search on google, i think its illegal, and also the info.plist

then SSH into your ipod.

Now go to your ssh program and go to /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app then drag the N45AP.plist onto your desktop, this is just to make a backup.

Then go to your create ipod app file that you downloaded from the link, and drag N45AP.plist into /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app, it ask you to replace a file click yes, because you already made the backup.

then go into /applications/mobilemusicplayer.app and drag out info.plist, this is another backup

now drag the info.plist from the file you downloaded into the /applications/mobilemusicplayer.app, it will ask you to overwrite, do so.

]Now restart your ipod and your music and videos app should be gone, and there should an ipod app instead

I hope this helped!I know there is something in installer that does this, but it doesn't always work.

I hope this helped!​
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This should help many out, well done

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks a lot! i just knew a bunch of people who were having this problem