How to create and play beats in TTR!

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by WonderBunny, Feb 5, 2008.

1. WonderBunny

WonderBunny New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    THIS IS A QUITE EASY GUIDE ON HOW TO CREATE AND PLAY YOUR PHAT BEATS !

What you need: - MobileFinder or Squid which can be downloaded by Installer in the Productivity section and TTR

Just follow these three simples and DETAILLED ( n_n I worked hard on this! )parts :

PART 1 - FINDING YOUR SONG

I'll begin by the hardest part... finding your song.
    Open MobileFinder and go to ~/Media/iTunes_Control/Music
    There will be a list of folders...they should be named F00, F01, ... (that's what I got). Open one of 'em and there should be a list a .mp3 files which should have weird names as AMML, BDPH, ..., .mp3. The only way I found to know which song is which files is as follows: Click on any .mp3 files and hit File on bottom left, then Copy. Now you go to that directory (which is your TTR songs folder) : ~/Media/TTR/Music , then hit Paste. The .mp3 file you've selected before should be there. Now, open TTR and go to Downloaded Tracks and play this song file. You should know the song name and artist after that. Go back to ~/Media/TTR/Music in MobileFinder and click on your file and hit Modify then click on Filename and change it to your song title. The track will show up as you named it in TTR. STEP ONE COMPLETED!

PART 2 - CREATING YOUR BEATS

That's quite easy to do...you just need to know the song. OK, here we go.
    Open TTR and select Create New Beats and choose the Artist and the song of the .mp3 files you've selected on part 1. Just tap what you want and it's playing. When it ends it seems to be frozen...that's normal...just give it about 30sec. Now, exit TTR and go there on MobileFinder : ~ Media/TTR/Taps/iTunes (that's where your taps are saved).
    Find your tap file which is on one of the folders (for example: ~.../iTunes/DragonForce/Trough%the%Fire%and%the%Flammes/yourbeatsfile.tap )
    Select that .tap file and hit File, then Move and go Paste it at ~Media/TTR/Taps .
    STEP TWO COMPLETED!

Part 3 - PLAYING YOUR SONG

Just open TTR, go to Downloaded Tracks then open that song and ENJOY IT!

Have fun

Please Register or Log in to view images

and please rate my thread!

2. Van Helsing

Van Helsing New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Won't this just make duplicates of your songs?

Coudln't you just say, use Terminal to create a symlink for the media files in Media/iTunes_control/Music and place the alias / shortcut in the TTR/Music folder?

Thus meaning you'd only have one version of your song, but could access it from two different locations.

Also, it puzzles me why you can't access your iTunes library without WiFi...
  3. WonderBunny

WonderBunny New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've never used Terminal...and I've never said you need to sync your iTunes Library. Yes in facts you duplicate your song it's the only way ( I found ) to get your songs on TTR. If you just move the song files you won't be able to play on iTunes
  4. chapperz

chapperz New Member

i can't find any .mp3 files. only .mp4 and .m4a file extensions.
  5. Medicc

Medicc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice thread. I was wondering how to do this.. ill try it later and update thx

6. kykoolj

kykoolj New Member

Easier Way!

There is quite an easier way to do this process: You need MobileFinder and SendSong.

I will show you how with this tutorial:
    First you go to Send Song program and it shows you all of your music files that you have. You choose your song and it will bring up 1)play/stop 2)Send to Email 3)Share Song 4) Set Ringtone 5)Cancel
    what your going to do next is go to set ringtone, then your going to want to go to MobileFinder click on the Media file, click on Itunes_Control, then click on Ringtones, then it will show 2 files, one of them is a mp3 file, highlight it and go to file at the bottom, click on copy then go to the top and click on the squigly line, go back to media, go down to TTR, then on music, then just paste it and it will show up and from there you can rename the file to the correct artist name and song. Then exit out and go to TTR, go to Downloaded Tracks, your file will be there with a (rec) by it and then just create your own beats to it and at the end of the song it will bring you to the main menu and go back to downloaded tracks and there is your music file. Then you could just go back into MobileFinder and click on the Media file, click on Itunes_Control, then click on Ringtones then just delete those two files. You will still have the original song on your ipod. I hope this is helpful to you, any questions just PM me!!!!