[HOW TO] create A simple, custom theme quickly!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by RenegadeKrogan, Jul 20, 2008.

1. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

How to create a simple, custom theme quickly!​

N00b Guide created by RenegadeKrogan.

Here is a guide showing you how to create a simple and customized theme pretty quickly. I made this one in under twenty minutes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This requires minimum skill with a computer. The only requirements are that you need to know how to use Winscp and SSH and you need to have summerboard installed. You need to download OpenSSH from installer if you do not have it yet. If you do not know how then learn how here and from here. If you need help then leave a comment or pm me. The best method would be to just look around the forum.

Let's begin on the background.

Step #1- You are first going to want to find a picture on the internet to use as a background. Just look around google for what you want. For example... Just type in "Halo wallpaper ipod touch" and you will find a bunch of pre-sized ipod touch wallpapers. Right click the picture and save it to your desktop.

Step #2- You want to go to this website and upload your picture you just downloaded if it is not a pre-made ipod wallpaper. You will want to set the size to 320x480 and then click pictrit. Save it to your desktop.

Step #3- Open winscp and sign in on your ipod and then navigate to this folder.

/private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes

You will want to right click and create a new directory with the name of your theme.

Open up the directory and go to step #4.

Step #4- You will now want to find your wallpaper and rename it to Wallpaper.png

After you have done that right click and create another directory named "Icons".

Now we can begin the Icons.

Step #1- Find an image you want to use as an icon and save it then upload it to here. You will want to set the size to 60x60 and then choose what you want your icon to look like and then pictrit.

Hint- You can zoom in and out to choose the size of your picture and see how it will fit in the 60x60 block.

Step #2- Move the icon you just made into the icons folder. The directory is...

/private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Yourtheme/Icons

You will want to name the icon after one of your applications that you have installed on your ipod touch.

For example...

gpsphone would be named gpSPhone.png and then to see if you named it correctly go to summerboard on your ipod touch and choose your theme and then see how it looks.

You do ALL of your applications and icons like this until they are all done.

Now we can do the dock.

Step #1- Make an image or take an image and save it.

Step #2-Go here and Resize the image to 320x 91 pixels

Step #3- Save it with the ending .png.

Step #4- Save the file as Dock.png and put it in theme folder where your wallpaper is.

Check out your theme with summerboard. If you need any help then leave a comment. You can get custom battery images and more by using customize.
  2. Help_Me

Help_Me New Member

nice guide although im on 2.0 so I cant make a theme
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Thanks! That is what i hate about 2.0...
  4. bighungryhobo

bighungryhobo New Member

Thank you so much for putting this up it was really easy to follow

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Yeap...that is why i amde it. The themes are not professional but they woill work for most.
  6. treblruh

treblruh New Member

check out my thread on how to make backgrounds for 2.0 firmware