How to convince my parents?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jumpman10, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jumpman10

Jumpman10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys, I wasn't sure to put this thread here or in Off-topic but I just thought I would put it here (Mods feel free to move it.) Anyway as all of you know the new iPhone is just awesome, and I want it. I always did want a normal iPhone but now with the 15 dollar mandatory data plan it is much more affordable. Coming from a family with a fair amount of money, not rich, but my dad makes pretty good money from hard blue color work, I was surprised when I told my dad I wanted a iPhone for my birthday in august he said "Ohhh, don't expect that." Then I explained to him how the data plan is 15 bucks a month and I only have to pay it for 2 years then cancel it (Right?) plus the phone is 200 so overall for the addition fee he isnt gonna pay it is only 360 bucks more then a normal phone. But he still said no. Is there any other thing I could tell him, He is generally a never say no dad...
  2. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You're asking us to help you take advantage of a father who seems to spoil you already?
  3. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can try selling some of your things like your ipod touch etc etc.
    Maybe ask if he can pay for half and you come up with half.
  4. Jumpman10

Jumpman10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Haha, You missed my point I think. I don't want him to buy it for me I want him to let me buy it.
  5. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you dont have to pay for a data plan. you just cant use it as a phone. you can pay for data and use it as a phone or you can tell att you sold the phone and you want to cancel the data plan so you can cancel it but if you cancel data plan you cant use it as a phone so either data and phone or no data and no phone

so basically you can cancel the data plan and you can use your phone as an ipod touch but you will still have to pay for your calling plan every month
  6. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

Sounds like you want him to buy it, do you have a job? If not you better save up & learn some responsibility & how to appreciate things more....
    Don't do this...
  7. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    pay for it yourself? seriously kids parents arent made of money.
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Get a job, and get what you want. Even if you can't work the whole year, try to save up enough to cover the phone + the bill.
  9. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i pay for mine. i easily pay my data plan monthly. i have a job. i buy my phones too. i broke my iphone 3gs so i am paying $400 to get an early upgrade for an iPhone 4.
  10. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the cheapest at&t plan for iphone comeso ut to 55$ per month (individiaul 400 mins, 15$ data, no texting plan). 55$ multiplied by 24 months of required service = $1320, + $200, + additional fees (trust me, they will be there) + taxes for each month and the phone, and youre looking at just under $2000 all said and done.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    that comment was targeted at the OP... not sure why you even thoguht I was talking about you... guilty concience?

Please Register or Log in to view images