How to Convert .GB to .GBA Tutorial

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by -Sean-, Jan 2, 2008.

1. -Sean-

-Sean- New Member

How to Convert .GB to .GBA Tutorial

You will need:
    Goomba - Click Here to Download
    Some Gameboy Roms
    A Gameboy Emulator/gpSPhone

---------

1. Extract the Goomba emulator. Once you have done this run Goomba. First things first, Click the Grey Button next to the "Select Emulator File", then choose "Goomba.gba"

2. Click the Grey Button next to the "Select Output File" put in the name of the ROM you are converting. E.g. If you are converting 'Pokemon Blue', Name it "Pokemon Blue". Simple.

3. Now on to adding the '.gb' file that we will be converting to a '.gba' file. Where it says "Add GB/GBC Games" then browse to your '.gb' ROM. Once you have located the file, it will show up in the White Box below.

4. Click on the ROM, then choose 'Add ->'. Now all you need to do is click "Compile" it will then generate a new file with an extension of '.gba'. Congratulations.

Now just test to see if the file works. :)

sh*t i accidently double posted, delete the other post please.​
  2. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

dont mean to be a thread sh*tter but "emulating" something inside another emulator is not the best decision, nor do i recommend it because of the workload you are putting on the system when doing something like this.

the reason why this works well for gameboy advance HARDWARE because the hardware isnt being emulated, unlike the ipod touch where it has to emulate the GBA hardware. again, i will say; emulating an emulator within an emulator is a no no.

besides, gameboy and gameboy advance run off of different hardware (processor to be exact).

quote from wiki: "Backward compatibility for Game Boy and Game Boy Color games is provided by an 8.4 MHz Z80 co-processor". and people wonder why zodttds emulator doesnt play GB games; he isnt emulating a GB, just a GBA.
  3. -Sean-

-Sean- New Member

Right, I thought it just converted the ROM to a .gba completely. Thanks for summing that up. :)

Why dont they just hurry up and add support for .GB and .GBC.
  4. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

didnt work WHAT A LIE
  5. juniorgentile

juniorgentile New Member

im sorry but it didnt work,do u no whats wrong?
  6. xxsnoopxx

xxsnoopxx New Member

i got it to be a gba file but whenever i tried to play it wouldnt work. the screen would go yellow and it would freeze. ?????????
  7. jayjay89

jayjay89 New Member

ive got the same problam. try the gameboy4iphone, it should work with it
    but if someone has a better solution, then.. POST!!!
  8. apple123

apple123 New Member

Dude, why would you bump a 5+ month old thread that has no meaning now that there is a Game Boy and Game Boy Color emulator?
  9. mikedavinci22

mikedavinci22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    INCREDIBLY OLD

plus goomba converts DONT work
  10. strix

strix New Member

it does work! the problem is that the process isn't very stabile. I've read it more than once that the converted files just gave you a yellow screen. my tip: try the newest version of goomba, or wait until gameboy4iphone is public again (unfortunately it HAS been public, though i had to reset my ipod touch :( ) or try to become a beta tester on zodttd's site (there should be explained how), for thhose gameboy4iphone is released