How to convert DVD Videos to iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rrhea, Dec 11, 2007.

1. rrhea

rrhea New Member

It is rather easy to convert a DVD, or just about any movie file, to run on your iPod.

Downloads:

1) In a search engine like Google, search "download DVD Decrypter", download it and install it
    2) Also search, download "RipIt4Me", and install it.
    3) My favorite iPod video converter is PQ DVD to IPod, search "PQ DVD Ipod". You need to pay for it (about $40 US).

Conversion:

1) Put your DVD into your computer's DVD drive.
    2) Launch RipIt4Me. Rip your DVD to your hard drive.
    3) Launch PQ DVD to IPod Converter. Load the DVD files from your hard drive.
    4) Once the video is converted, launch iTunes, then select File -> Add File to Library. Select the file you created in step #3 above.
  2. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

Or for Mac users an even easier method is to download Handbrake which does it all for you.
  3. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do you get handbrake to break up a tv dvd into multiple episodes?

What i mean is i have The simpsons DVD box sets and each disc has like 5-6 episodes. I put them into my computer and loaded it into handbrake but handbrake only recognizes the first episode on the disc and not the others.
  4. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Perform a full feature rip. When you go to Handbrake, and select the video source, you should be given the option of which title to select. For episodic DVDs, you should see multiple titles, each title corresponding back to particular episode. A less graceful procedure would be to only rip the specific episode. In either case, you will end up with the 5 or 6 episodes.

If all 5 or 6 episodes are under the same title, it won't matter whether you perform a full or main feature rip. You may need to break the Handbrake MP4 file into smaller pieces, say using QuickTime.
  5. Lewisbcfc123

Lewisbcfc123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can handbrake shrink the file sizes of the movies or tv shows or do i need to download some other software to do it?