How to control iPod Touch from computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by fckmayday, Oct 7, 2008.

1. fckmayday

fckmayday New Member

Hello guys, i have got a problem. I bought Yamaha Piano craft and iPod dock for it. Everything works fine, sound quality is amazing, I can play/pause, forward, prev. with my remote. But if i want to change the song, I need to go to the HIFI, take ipod in my hand, change song to whatever I want and put it back to the dock. It's quite frustrating. Is there any possibility to control iPod through computer?

Regards, fck.
  2. drklnk

drklnk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Veency

It's Very Easy, just install from cydia, an application called Veency, It's a VNC Server For Ur IPot, the download to ur pc Tight Vnc, Then Launch on the computer Tight VNC Viewer, And Turn On Wi-Fi on ur Ipot, and that's all
  3. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yes then type the IP address of the ipod touch in the VNC Viewer box on ur pc.

Accept the connection on ur device and ur away
  4. fckmayday

fckmayday New Member

Ok, thank you very much, everything works like a charm. But, unfortunately, is not as good as i expected. Its very slow, and a little bit hard to control. is there any other way? Or a way to play a song from itunes and somehow give sound from the speakers? or anything esle?

Regards, fck.
  5. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

Are you using Light VNC?
  6. fckmayday

fckmayday New Member

I'm using tightVNC. Does it make any change? Anyway, i will try this application.

Regards, fck.
  7. rauli7

rauli7 New Member

Im looking for something like that too. I don't really like veency..I thought about the Remote app in the app store but being able to control your iPod touch/iphone with your computer..