iOS 3.1 How to Conserve Battery Life when Jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nickjuly4, Sep 7, 2010.

1. nickjuly4

nickjuly4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I accidentally updated my iPod Touch 2G to iOS 4.0 last month and hated it because it ran very slow and ate up the battery life so bad that I couldn't leave it in sleep mode for 1 day without it completely dying. So I had to jailbreak it to downgrade it back to 3.1.2, but now the battery seems to still be dying a bit too fast.

Right now the battery last about 1 1/2 to 3 days on sleep mode, and it used to last about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks before being almost dead and in both situations I had Wi-Fi on so it's not the Wi-Fi causing the battery to die this fast. So I'm wondering if it was either the jailbreak that's causing the battery to die so fast or did something go wrong with my battery.
  2. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Jailbreak and mobile substrate add-ons make the battery life worse. Well i mean jailbreaking doesnt actually make your device slower, its what you install after that. I tend to stay away from stuff like winterboard and when i jailbreak i only tweak it with thing's that i can see would run well on the iOS if apple included them.
  3. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    dont run mobile substrate addons
  4. nickjuly4

nickjuly4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I didn't install any special apps. All I have is GVMobile. No winterboard or anything that always runs.
  5. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

Well, maybe your battery is old and tired. 1 1/2 days is better than i ever got,
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Do not upgrade or restore with backup, when restoring from 3.1.2 to 4.0 you need to do a fresh restore or else it will ave major battery probs.
  7. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i restore from backups always :/