[HOW TO] connect to wifi at school/work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Covenant550, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok first off i take NO RESPONSIBILTY for w/e you guys do. I am just informing you on a way to successfully connect you iphone/touch to your schools wifi and make it work

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Sticky?

First what I used is XP. if you can gt on a school XP laptop your set if not then your screwed with this post.

1. DL WZCOOK (comes with aircrack -ng or get it here- http://files.filefront.com/wzcookexe/;6334447;/fileinfo.html (delete link if not appropriate)

2. copy to a flash drive and on an XP laptop or PC connected through wifi to the internet run it off your drive. you should see after a few monents the SSID and the WEP password ex. (7482841943841695E000000000000000)

3. follow the link to the text file it created (normally in C: drive) and then copy everythign up to the first 0.

4. go here : http://www.dolcevie.com/js/converter.html

5. paste what you copied into the top box. there is an example liek 43:53:24:3E

6. add the little ":" after every 2 numbers and letters for yours also then click convert and you should see the password.

7. go onto your touch and even though when u search for wifi your school doesnt show up click other then type in the SSID u got form the WZCOOK

8. for security pick WEP and then type the pass you just created

9. if it connects you then your good so far. then go here : http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

10. this is where most people got lost. pick a random page (dont use page one) i picked 43

11. you should see somehting liek this:
    202.59.75.170: 8080 transparent proxy Mar-03, 19:52 Pakistan

12. normally the transparent proxies work best.

13. so on your touch go to settings and wifi then click the blue arrow next to your schools wifi your connected to. scroll down and you should see wher eit says proxy. click manual

14. for the adress type the IP you got from one of the links above:
    202.59.75.170: 8080 transparent proxy Mar-03, 19:52 Pakistan
    i used that oen so this is what i would type:
    adress: 202.59.75.170
    port: 8080 (the port number is right after the IP right after the ":"

15. save and test out your wifi on a simple site liek google. my school has a bunch of sites liek myspace etc blocked so when i try on my touch it blocks them also. so what i do is in my adress bar i find a proxy liek- www.facebookatwork.com or something like that.

different schools have different proxies bloceed so you just gotta search around.
    Thats all that I did. If you have any problems questions let me know and ill see what i can do.

***sorry if my "how to" wasn't that great it was my first***
    ****and sorry for typos****
  2. MJeto7

MJeto7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    SWEET!! i'll try it when i get home

p.s. i'm at school
  3. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol yea but u have to do it from school. Because the wifi has to be in range. You need to download WZCOOK at home but everythign else needs to be done at school. btw that proxy site i gave was blocked by my school so i had to use a proxy to get to it

. If you need ill just send u a bunch of the proxies and u can try them out

EDIT: Could i get some feedback to make sure everythings fine?
  4. seed2

seed2 New Member

Hey i tried to covert my own Wep hex but i all i get is a bunch of ???? and some letters not a password? any help
  5. XDaveD13X

XDaveD13X New Member

hey im in school right now but the proxy site is blocked can any1 pm a proxy i.p. and port from that site
  6. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

can some confirm this please?