[HOW TO] Configure Touchpad.app or VNsea - Update on Post 1!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Abcmsaj, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Abcmsaj's Guide to Configuring Touchpad
    and VNsea for your iPod Touch or iPhone.

NOW SEPARATED INTO TWO SECTIONS: VNC AND TOUCHPAD PRO! SCROLL DOWN FOR EITHER.
    Download the updated attachments too!

Links needed for this:

Download UltraVNC: http://ultravnc.en.softonic.com/

Touchpad.app: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41279

TouchPadPro MediaServer http://info.touchpadpro.com/downloadtrial.html
    (WINDOWS TRIAL VERSION AND FULL VERSION ($5) ONLY)
    (SCREENVIEW PRICED AT $15)

VNsea

Step 1
    Install UltraVNC from here (http://ultravnc.en.softonic.com/) and the Touchpad or VNsea app through Installer or SSH.

Step 2
    Once installed, Start > Programs > UltraVNC > "UltraVNC Server"

Please Register or Log in to view images

Step 3
    When after the server has loaded, an interface will pop up on your screen. You don't need a lot of knowledge about VNC - All you need to do is change the password to 8 or more characters (I chose "password" for my password), and click APPLY and OK

Step 4

Go to your iTouch or Phone, and load up the app you want to configure (Both coincide with each other, which means if you have both like me, you don't need to type this information twice)

Step 5
    On the interface titled "VNC Servers," click on the + sign in the top right corner. This will bring up the menu "Edit Server."

Step 6
    Under "Name" write anything (I typed Laptop).
    Under "Password" type the password that you set earlier.
    Turn Shared to ON.

Step 7
    Now, to get your Address, hover over the small blue eye icon in the bottom right corner of you computer screen. This brings up the address that you type in, in the format 192.168.#.# or whatever it may be for your computer... mine happens to be 192.168.0.3.

NOTE: You DO NOT need to type the port number after (as it asks in the template on the iPod's screen - The default port of 5900 will be assumed automatically).

Step 8
    Click "Save"

And you're done! Just tap the name you set for your server (Laptop/Dining room/Office) and away you go.

I'm learning to use VNsea at the moment, but moving around the screen tends to be difficult because it thinks you're trying to zoom...

Also note, to be able to access your computer, you need to have that Blue Eye icon in the bottom right of your computer.

To turn it off, right click it and Exit. To turn it back on, find the program "UltraVNC Server" as mentioned earlier.

TOUCHPAD PRO

Step 1
    Install the link at the top called "TouchPad Pro Media Server" (This is a trial and the server closes every minute - I'll show you how to get around this.)

Step 2
    Start up the Touchpad Media Server (You need A VNC Server open as well!)

Step 3
    Click "Show Options" MAKE SURE THE SERVER IS LISTENING!

(Notice that when you ARE connected it gives a lovely detailed description of what you're doing, tapping, listening to, clicking, etc - Good feature I think)

Step 4
    Now on your iPod, program everything as I've shown you in the VNC tutorial - But this time, turn Media Server ON if you have it installed and OFF if you don't. If you have it installed, type the Port number that is shown on the Interface on your PC. Mine is 6001 - The default is 6000.

Step 5
    Now connect. This is complicated to do if you have no knowledge of VNC or Touchpad whatsoever. And every minute, the server will stop listening and you will need to start it again. Also note, that if you don't have Media Server open on your PC but you have the option switched to "ON" on your iPod, you won't connect - It will be searching for a Media Server.

Screenview.

This is a whole new function in Touchpad Pro 4.0 onwards - They added a screen view function so that you can see your screen! Trying to compete with the poor controls of VNsea (Easy to beat)

It costs $15 to activate this feature - But it is pretty good. You get the choice of "Normal" or "Hi-Def" (as seen in one of the screenies above) and the quality is pretty good.
    You can scroll, click, right click, double click, highlight, and utilise the remote to do stuff like refresh webpages with F5 - and type with the keyboard.

It is VERY cool.

Here's what Media Server looks like.

Through the app:

At the moment, I don't think it's all that good until they release a FULL version. Which I will then reconsider my opinion...

With the attachments below, put them into /Applications and set permissions to 755 on everything INSIDE the folder as well as the folder itself.​

Hope this helps
    Alex.

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  2. mombopete

mombopete Member

Thanks for the tut. But I still cannot get it to work. Why do I have 1 extra number at the end of my ip address? Could that be the problem?
  3. tootricky

tootricky New Member

Yeah don't enter the port number (5900). It just needs to be your IP address like this:

not:

123.456.789.12:5900
  4. mombopete

mombopete Member

That is what I have been doing. I can't figure it out. I allowed it through my firewall also. Please help!!! I have tried just about everything.
  5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

Yeah that hits the nail on the head.
    If you have an IP address like this: ###.###.#.##
    It should still work.. There's also a guide on the forums for if you have a dynamic IP address - Try looking for that and trying it.

Also try disabling your firewall for a while because that might be the problem. I've never had an error with either of these so I wouldn't know myself.
  6. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Great Guide,thread stuck.
    (+Rep)
    1 person likes this.
  7. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Wow this is great, and its been stickyed go you.
  8. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

Touchapp guide asks for TightVNC while VNSea for remote desktop guide asks for UltraVNC

Is there a difference? Which is better? I know both work with UltraVNC because I have done it, but if TightVNC is better, will it work with VNSea for Remote Desktop??
  9. mombopete

mombopete Member

Does it not work because I am on 1.1.3?
  10. dahitman

dahitman New Member

i cant get it to work either
    it says: connection failed
    connection could not be made to 192.168.0.1 port 5900