how to completely unjailbreak ipod touch 2g? please help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bojadada, Apr 2, 2009.

1. bojadada

bojadada New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, i have an ipod touch 2g and it is jailbroken. i have a little problem with it though. there is lint UNDER the screen. so i want to restore it so i can exchange it for another at an apple store (i know u can do that, ive read on some forums with people with lint under their screen and all they had to do was bring it to an apple store an exchange it for another one). the only thing though, is that how would i FULLY unjailbreak it. like idk if its just as simple as just restoring it on itunes, or if i have to do something else. if anyone knows how, please post the exact steps in unjailbreaking it so that there is no evidence of it ever being jailbroken. thanks for any help EDIT:also, it has a few scratches on it(im not returning it so i can get one without scratches, i just dont want the lint)would they accept it?
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    put it in DFU mode and click restore. but then put some songs and free apps on it so apple will not think that you restored it.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Go into DFU mode and restore to a stock firmware. If you don't know how to get your device into DFU mode, just google "DFU mode iPhone"
  4. bojadada

bojadada New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    also, i use limewire to download music, (if speaking of limewire is not allowed, tell me and i will edit this post) but yea i use limewire to dl music, so will they be suspicious because of the fact that all my songs have no album artwork or shud i not worry about that, because like u sed, im gonna put songs and apps on it so they arent suspicious, im just worried that theyll know i used limewire and not give me a new/refurbished touch or something.
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They shouldn't care. But if you do, just right-click on the song in iTunes and click "Get Album Artwork," or just Google Image it.
  6. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    they shouldnt care. they wont look through all your songs to make sure you got them through itunes. im sure they use limewire too

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. benwoodcock

benwoodcock New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol well said skyline

as said, just restore to stock firmware

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Even if they cared, they can't possibly call the cops on you and arrest you just because you have some pirated songs on your iPod.
  9. mgiljum

mgiljum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah whatever music is on your iPod doesn't matter to them...it would be against their privacy policy and probably a few federal privacy laws for them to disclose information about a user's piracy to the authorities.
  10. dualBang

dualBang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You coulda ripped them from a disc, or just deleted the album artwork...