How to Completely Backup

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by hoogee, Mar 15, 2009.

1. hoogee

hoogee New Member

I need to send my touch into the apple store, and I don't want them to know I have jailbroken it. This means I will have to do a restore before I send it in.

Is there a free way that I can completely backup the entire hard drive of my touch? I have heard you can do it using rsync. I would be fine with any commandline or GUI solution as long as it was not too difficult (I have intermediate shell knowledge).
  2. hoogee

hoogee New Member

Sorry to bump, but no answers?

I thought someone would have wanted to do this before.
  3. lightningdude

lightningdude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can SSH into your ipod to copy over some stuff, such as the /private/var/stash/Applications and /themes.

If you copy over all the stuff in your Applications and themes folders to your computer, you can just put them back on your iPod.

Assuming that Apple doesn't completely wipe your iPod clean, you could always download AppBackup and AptBackup from Cydia and run them. AptBackup will back up all things you can install through Cydia and their settings, and AppBackup backs up your App Store apps.
  4. hoogee

hoogee New Member

So if I already have backed up with itunes, which directories should I copy? Or will AptBackup cover everything?
  5. Nikguy

Nikguy New Member

I've needed to do this too... I've had no luck ether. iPhone browser erorrs if you try to move anything Bigger then about a half gig... So I could use some help too!